Proposal: Following the Karlsson Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Why would a Ryan-Lucic swap need to be included? Wouldn't we rather keep Ryan's contract over that goof?
That contract is abysmal. Without looking at the contract details it kind of made sense for a way for EDM to take on Ryan's contract as well as EKs factoring in a re-sign.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I dont disagree
He's earned his criticism

But he is Eugene Melnyk

And he wants to run the show

When the truth comes out we'll learn it was not EK decision

He didn't want to run the show , which is why he is in Barbados or Toronto all the time, never in Ottawa.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is there a timeline for Karlsson this year.. I am not sure of the sequence ... maybe someone knows
He started the year really hot.
He changed agents to the same one as Doughty
He came out with I will want to get paid what I'm worth
Turris is traded
Karlsson's play drops way off from the start he had
Karlsson's play has had ups and downs
Not sure about the ankle / doctors / thing that was rumored
Team mangement speaks with Karlsson about his comments
Trade talk heats up to boiling point (maybe not boiling point)

Reactions: Icelevel

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well a sure fire way to not get full value for Karlsson is to include Ryan. Not just because he has negative value but because the only teams that can afford to take both of their salaries ares few and far between. So now there is no way to leverage the deal having multiple teams bid. On top of that what team will be able to give Karlsson a 5 million dollar raise if they take Ryan. Meaning the team trades Karlsson strictly as a rental, another brilliant plan devaluing him even more. All of this while the team doesn't have a first next year either. I am sure they will be really in the hunt when they lose Karlsson and Ryan.

Its the most idiotic idea ever, but it should come as no surprise as to who is running the show now. The nightmare continues.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
We're trading Karlsson before an honest attempt to sign him?

No, no we are not.

The deal, if any were to take place, will happen after the Sens have sat down with Karlsson and seen if there is a deal to be made.

If there isn't, they can then allow any team with the right package of players, picks and prospect the opportunity to negotiate with Karlsson prior to a trade. A signed Karlsson is worth significantly more to teams than a rental.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is there a timeline for Karlsson this year.. I am not sure of the sequence ... maybe someone knows
Turris is traded

One point of contention; while Karlsson started off hot offensively, his defensive play was a bit of a tire fire upon his return.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Well a sure fire way to not get full value for Karlsson is to include Ryan. Not just because he has negative value but because the only teams that can afford to take both of their salaries ares few and far between. So now there is no way to leverage the deal having multiple teams bid. On top of that what team will be able to give Karlsson a 5 million dollar raise if they take Ryan. Meaning the team trades Karlsson strictly as a rental, another brilliant plan devaluing him even more. All of this while the team doesn't have a first next year either. I am sure they will be really in the hunt when they lose Karlsson and Ryan.

Its the most idiotic idea ever, but it should come as no surprise as to who is running the show now. The nightmare continues.

Yeah, that didn't come from our management, and there really is zero chance of it happening unless it was used as a tool to one up the next offer. Trying to bash PD with it weak, even for around here.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Turris is traded
I thought Turris was traded before the pay comment

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, that didn't come from our management, and there really is zero chance of it happening unless it was used as a tool to one up the next offer. Trying to bash PD with it weak, even for around here.

I was suggesting the idea came from Melnyk, thats why I said 'now'.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site

This is such a Millenial way to respond. Take a half truth read on the internet and then spin an entire backstory around it to create a conspiracy. It's laughable, use some logic man. You know this couldn't be true, you even said yourself that no (maybe 1) contending team that could take on that kind of cap hit. Maybe another team or two could get involved to even out the pieces but I can't even see that happening.

Calm down guys, we all knew we would be hearing outrageous rumours, it's what these guys do and it happens every single time a superstar heads into the last year of their contract. Let it unfold, no need to get bent out of shape over made up stuff on the internet.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah it makes perfect sense Terry you f***ing liar. What a POS. He just basically started this nonsense because to him it makes perfect sense. And then all the lemmings follow his lead, because they cannot possibly "not know", because they are all Insiders, right?

He is an irresponsible douchebag who is clearly out of his element when it comes to planting stuff.

CommonSens

May 14, 2017
Honest question.
Is Karlsson a good captain, the captain Ottawa needs?
I've seen his development into a world class player, but from the time he was anointed team leader (some say too early) I've wondered about the off ice leadership, the dressing room leadership. This is not to debate his talent, or nice guy persona, but we have a team that's seriously struggling from top to bottom, and I feel like he stays pretty quiet.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Looking at that Lucic contract .. I want no part of it if he'd waive his NMC... its one cushy deal he got there. 5 more years for a 6 m $ 3rd liner; that you cannot trade and cannot buy out. I'd keep Ryan. If the EK is on the move and the Sens can get Drai ... without exchanging Lucic and Ryan .. I'd be all in on that.
Some people are seeing a good Vegas fit.. I'm not sure Vegas would want to rock their boat that much.
IMO if the Sens trade EK.. They need a big piece coming back.. Drai fits that. Eichel would as well.. I'd want that kind of piece.

I think Vegas may go for Smith

My best is Smith to Winnipeg, he seems like he belongs in a Jets jersey if he has to give up his Sens jersey.

When was the last time anyone say Zach Smith fight? He used to do it all the time.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
This is not to debate his talent, or nice guy persona, but we have a team that's seriously struggling from top to bottom, and I feel like he stays pretty quiet.
I dunno, he often yells at guys on ice and stares daggers at them. Remember the Brassard back check last playoffs?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My best is Smith to Winnipeg, he seems like he belongs in a Jets jersey if he has to give up his Sens jersey.

When was the last time anyone say Zach Smith fight? He used to do it all the time.
He did have a dislocated or broken thumb there for a while, there's that.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He did have a dislocated or broken thumb there for a while, there's that.

he shoulda stuck that dislocated finger in Nazem Kadri's eye.

But I like Smith, my type of NHL'er. when his confidence is up he's a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->