Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
My hunch is they thought the locker room was toxic, with the dying embers of Fletcher’s cultural revolution, and didn’t want Gauthier to be submerged in that. Is that moronic for a 10 game sample that will be a blur? Yes, assuredly.

I’m not absolving the Flyers for also being inept because lord knows an unhealthy chunk of my life is dedicated to that topic, but there’s no explanation where Gauthier doesn’t come across as being irrationally arrogant too. Offense was taken at other things besides his ELC, like the notion of AHL time (which was reported).
I gotta be honest I just think he got overlooked because the team was going through so much change and transition. Didn't his season end like the same day Fletcher got fired? I just feel like he wasn't a huge priority at that time which is reasonable and fair tbh.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I gotta be honest I just think he got overlooked because the team was going through so much change and transition. Didn't his season end like the same day Fletcher got fired? I just feel like he wasn't a huge priority at that time which is reasonable and fair tbh.

I don’t think they overlooked their #1 prospect. Flahr remained AGM; Briere was already AGM too. It wasn’t a full scale front office change.

I just think Gauthier took imagined or real offense to several things.

Reactions: Rebels57

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Just when we worried Drysdale has a bad shoulder injury it turns out he did but also a bad core injury. That 2nd better end up being the next captain of the Flyers.

dgaspari

Feb 13, 2008
Just when we worried Drysdale has a bad shoulder injury it turns out he did but also a bad core injury. That 2nd better end up being the next captain of the Flyers.

question #1: did the Ducks trade the Flyers an injured player?
question #2: did the Flyers not use due diligence in reviewing Drysdales medical records?
question #3 did the Flyers know that Drysdale had core muscle issues and traded for a player anyway?
question #4 did the Flyer panic and take the quickest deal available to them?
i beleve Biere has some questions to answer!!!

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Especially when they just got done with Patrick. How do you trade for a guy if it’s a sports hernia? If Drysdale can’t skate we are in trouble. He’s not great at D and he has no shot.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I don’t think they overlooked their #1 prospect. Flahr remained AGM; Briere was already AGM too. It wasn’t a full scale front office change.

I just think Gauthier took imagined or real offense to several things.
which is why I am simply waiting for Cutter to hold forth on his reasoning. which he has held off on. as if it was some kind of conspiracy against him that would shock you if it was revealed.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
You're gonna be waiting a while. HockeyGuy Culture prevents him from doing that
Sorry. But I don't think HockeyGuy Culture covers a Top 5 draft pick from turning his back on the team that researched, and then drafted, him. With zero explanation offered.

It is unprecedented.

But who knows, I may be hopelessly stuck in the past.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
One thing I'll say about Drysdale is, his skating seemed as advertised. Probably the biggest positive I could take from his game. So if he did that while injured, I guess I can be hopeful. But I also remember how it took G and Ghost half or more of a season to look right after core surgery, and this kid has already missed so much development time. I'd be happy with a 2nd pair guy with hopefully some PP upside at this point. And I'm talking about the player, not the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad