Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyersfan139

May 15, 2010
Exton, PA
I was debating it too, but I'm basically a broke college student so it's probably better I don't go

I am a broke college graduate with student loans but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It looks like they are just getting even more pricey now though so ill probably sit this one out. Ill check again at like 12-1

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I am a broke college graduate with student loans but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It looks like they are just getting even more pricey now though so ill probably sit this one out. Ill check again at like 12-1
Yeah, same here. If I was going to go, it would probably be Wednesday anyway; going to night games >>> going to day games (in my opinion).

Reactions: Flyersfan139

b10

Jan 26, 2012
If anybody has two extra tickets available for tonights game, preferably upper bowl, please PM me.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So do we want them to win on Friday so we can sell them and directly get our money back for Game #6? Or just not even have to bother with it and let the Flyers keep it for next year?

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Just managed to get a pair of season tickets in section 215 row 2. Shocked I was able to get so low without being a season ticket holder last year. Don’t know if they gave me a little preference because I was a season ticket holder two years ago, but either way I’m pumped.

I go to most of the games either way, but the resale value on these has to be one of the best in the building (compared to the price).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just managed to get a pair of season tickets in section 215 row 2. Shocked I was able to get so low without being a season ticket holder last year. Don’t know if they gave me a little preference because I was a season ticket holder two years ago, but either way I’m pumped.

I go to most of the games either way, but the resale value on these has to be one of the best in the building (compared to the price).

If you’re getting tickets based on resale, I would think a lot harder about it. Hopefully the renovations will be a draw.

Reactions: TheKingPin

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
If you’re getting tickets based on resale, I would think a lot harder about it. Hopefully the renovations will be a draw.

I’m not under the impression that every seat is being moved in the second level - just those that need moved to make room for the renovations. Don’t believe these seats will be any different than they were last season.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I’m not under the impression that every seat is being moved in the second level - just those that need moved to make room for the renovations. Don’t believe these seats will be any different than they were last season.

He means that if you’re buying them with the hopes to resell them and make most of your money back at times, you should think long and hard.

Then mentioned hoping the renovations may help a little bit with resale value.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I can say that I sold 36 of the 44 games this year (not counting preseason but counting playoffs) and I took a $250 hit this year.

My seats were in row 4 and on the aisle so you could say they had a bit of a "premium" on them.

Why do you have Season Tickets if you sell so many, you may ask? I got married this year in November so had to try and cut as many corners as possible.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I can say that I sold 36 of the 44 games this year (not counting preseason but counting playoffs) and I took a $250 hit this year.

My seats were in row 4 and on the aisle so you could say they had a bit of a "premium" on them.

Why do you have Season Tickets if you sell so many, you may ask? I got married this year in November so had to try and cut as many corners as possible.
That’s not bad at all. I prob took around 3k hit this year. A lot of factors went into that that can’t be as bad next year. If that happens again obviously I’m out.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
He means that if you’re buying them with the hopes to resell them and make most of your money back at times, you should think long and hard.

Then mentioned hoping the renovations may help a little bit with resale value.

Ah gotcha. Nah, I’m sure ill sell a few but I plan on going to 30 - 35 games.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
That’s not bad at all. I prob took around 3k hit this year. A lot of factors went into that that can’t be as bad next year. If that happens again obviously I’m out.
Yikes. I thought my last full season taking a 800$ hit was bad(16-17). I had broke even the previous year while going to 18 games.. this year I just ended up getting the weekend partial and it worked out that I paid around the same amount and never had to worry about selling. But next year I'm just going to play the secondary market when I want to go to games. 8 of my 11 games this year I could have went on stub hub and found cheaper tickets and better seats so that's what I'm doing for the foreseeable future. Until the team is a contender again(hakstol/hextall gone) you can't rely on the resale market to cover the cost of season tickets. It's an awful awful investment.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just noticed that select-a-seat was last week. Glad I got a heads up. Great service!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They sent multiple emails about it.

For a multi-thousand dollar investment after forcing me to have my seats moved (and previously talking to my rep who said he would give me a heads up), I expect, like, actual service. Emails are for downloads and offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->