Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Welp, my brother just got a phone call asking for me. Looks like they’re redoing up top this summer and my tickets will be effected.

Waiting to hear back about how that’s gonna be handled.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Welp, my brother just got a phone call asking for me. Looks like they’re redoing up top this summer and my tickets will be effected.

Waiting to hear back about how that’s gonna be handled.
I'm sure it will be price increase.

It shouldn't affect my seats though because I'm in the last row, they're not going to put a level up there.

I don't think.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm sure it will be price increase.

It shouldn't affect my seats though because I'm in the last row, they're not going to put a level up there.

I don't think.

My tickets went up by $1 based off of the email I received today but that has nothing to do with the phone call I received.

Playing another game of phone tag with the guy right now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My tickets went up by $1 based off of the email I received today but that has nothing to do with the phone call I received.

Playing another game of phone tag with the guy right now.
Yeah, they don’t like being available for that discussion until they’re at their deadline.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UPDATE:

Nevermind, based on those renderings, it looks like my seat won't exist anymore.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
UPDATE:

Nevermind, based on those renderings, it looks like my seat won't exist anymore.

And strangely enough, nor will mine. They're going to be Handicapped seating. That's my section right there in the one picture 216A, where i'm a step up on the right.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In the last photo, they're pointing directly to the top of the building, so I think that's what they're taking out, and then maybe extending it back so that they don't lose seating.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
They said that the ADA rules are now different than when they designed before... more disabled seats required... displacement will be worked out and be agreeable... and upgrade... you can even view options.

... Per Town Meeting question response.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They said that the ADA rules are now different than when they designed before... more disabled seats required... displacement will be worked out and be agreeable... and upgrade... you can even view options.

... Per Town Meeting question response.

Upgrade also coming with more expense, I imagine.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Upgrade also coming with more expense, I imagine.

I believe he was talking upgrade in seat location... as in closer, if desired... but I'm certain they would oblige with upgrade in price, if desired. Haha

I think he was just saying that they would try and work with people as best as they could in an attempt to have the displaced fans satisfied with their new location... have them view available locations and select whichever they like... and they could visit location to be certain.

This is what I gathered from the at Q&A.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I believe he was talking upgrade in seat location... as in closer, if desired... but I'm certain they would oblige with upgrade in price, if desired. Haha

I think he was just saying that they would try and work with people as best as they could in an attempt to have the displaced fans satisfied with their new location... have them view available locations and select whichever they like... and they could visit location to be certain.

This is what I gathered from the at Q&A.

I more just meant, yeah you can get a better seat and an "upgrade" for being displaced but I imagine that'll come with an added cost that, well I personally, have no interest in doing.

Reactions: Sawdalite

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m wondering if those are seats on the side of that balcony because I think I would be totally here for that.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
I posted this in the WFC renovations thread, but wanted to share here too in case it happens to help anybody else out.

I received a call back last night. Basically told me that nothing would be finalized until 430 today and to wait for a call back. 430 came today and I didn't receive a call, but I received an email with different seats, one section over, for my 18 invoice earlier in the day. I emailed my rep saying that I prefer aisle seats since that is what I had and he called me. He said he would talk to his boss and see what he had available. Five minutes later he calls me back, 'hey, b10, I have two aisle seats available in section XX, row XX, seats 1+2' I immediately cut him off, 'those are my seats I've had for the past X years'. His response was 'seriously?' 'Yeah..' 'You're not even joking'.

Now he's double checking with his boss because they received an updated manifesto. Long story short, they may have removed me from my seats when there was no reason to. I am still waiting on another confirmation regarding it, but I recommend everyone that is being advised to change seats to call and just double check.

Yeah, I just got confirmation that between this weekend/yesterday and today something changed and my seats are no longer included in the renovation. They still sent an invoice out to me today with new seats on it, but luckily I called and they just so happened to offer me my original seats as a swap.

I'd really advise everybody to call. Who knows how many others they might have made this error with.

Hopefully some of you guys are able to keep your seats.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just looked and I'm being moved over from 208/15 to 206/14, but still aisle seats. Which might actually be better because it'll be closer to the bathroom. The people who were in my section to past 12 years, there's really only a couple left, and don't see them often. Still want to do my due diligence, though.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I just looked and I'm being moved over from 208/15 to 206/14, but still aisle seats. Which might actually be better because it'll be closer to the bathroom. The people who were in my section to past 12 years, there's really only a couple left, and don't see them often. Still want to do my due diligence, though.

As it currently stands I’m going from 216A Row 4 on the aisle to 216A Row 8 not on the aisle.

Something is gonna have to give or I likely won’t renew.

They said they’re going to work with me but it’ll depend what people don’t renew at this point if I can get anything close to what I had.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
As it currently stands I’m going from 216A Row 4 on the aisle to 216A Row 8 not on the aisle.

They said they’re going to work with me but it’ll depend what people don’t renew at this point if I can get anything close to what I had.

A four Row drop really sucks... only decent point would be that you should have a decent price drop over a full Season with it. If a few bucks per Seat, per Game means little to you, you're really getting the shaft... I'd think that staying firm and pushing back a bit will find them caving in and arranging something... although the lower Rows are not often given up.

I understand that they have to up the ADA Seats... didn't realize that they would be on the Rows; I assume that it is because they would be the ones people don't have to climb stair to reach in the Mezzanine... in the Lower Bowl, the higher Rows would eliminate the climbing.

That's really a tough break, HC... I know I'd be real pissed had it happened to me.

Good luck... and give them hell.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

If you’re row 4 I don’t know why they would move you unless they’re putting in more ADA access.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A four Row drop really sucks... only decent point would be that you should have a decent price drop over a full Season with it. If a few bucks per Seat, per Game means little to you, you're really getting the shaft... I'd think that staying firm and pushing back a bit will find them caving in and arranging something... although the lower Rows are not often given up.

I understand that they have to up the ADA Seats... didn't realize that they would be on the Rows; I assume that it is because they would be the ones people don't have to climb stair to reach in the Mezzanine... in the Lower Bowl, the higher Rows would eliminate the climbing.

That's really a tough break, HC... I know I'd be real pissed had it happened to me.

Good luck... and give them hell.

Yeah, it amount to like a $200/seat difference for the year, which is a decent chunk of change but all things considered it doesn't really mean anything. I really think the seats I had were one of the best values in the stadium. They were $47 a game this year, a row over the same seat is $59 next year.

Regarding the secondary market a Row 4 seat on the aisle can at least command some type of premium, a Row 8 in the middle of the row? Not so much.

I'm definitely going to push back because the last couple weeks i've been thinking about not renewing anyway but the other week I was in my seats and thought "I really like these seats, I can't give them up." They're going to have to make something work.

If you’re row 4 I don’t know why they would move you unless they’re putting in more ADA access.

That's exactly what they're doing.

Reactions: Sawdalite

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I were to move down, that’s right about where I would be. Row 4 is I think the first row where you don’t walk up the steps

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
I'm not renewing, it's really eating away at me. I really enjoy being a ticket holder, and losing them now, right before they're about to compete feels like a bad move. The price increases are just getting too much, I don't feel like my seats are worth 57 a piece let alone 59. I've been close to not renewing the last few years but am in the process of opting out now.

Kind of bummed, I've had them for 13 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad