Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereNow16

Oct 18, 2016
Germany
I need some advice, please. I'm going to fly out to Philly for the January homestand.

The last time I did so, I bought tickets for all the games I wanted to see well in advance (like, months before). I was paranoid about flying all the way from Germany and then maybe not getting a ticket for the games. So I quite probably overpaid, and I want to be a bit more relaxed about it this time and maybe not spend quite as much money this time around.

I know the game against the Pens on 1/2 is probably going to be sold out, so I'll definitely get tickets for that soon, and I also know that it's going to be expensive. I'm absolutely willing to go there to see a game against the Pens. I'm just not quite sure about the other games.
Islanders, 1/4/18 at 7m (Thursday)
Blues, 1/6/18 at 1pm (Saturday)
Sabres, 1/7/18 at 1pm (Sunday)
The Flyers ticket site lists really cheap Islanders and Sabres tickets, the Blues tickets seem more expensive there. But maybe it's due to which tickets are still available. I was planning to use StubHub, I only checked the Flyers site to see what prices they list. What do you guys think, are any of those three games ones that I should worry about getting tickets for if I wait until shortly before the game, or should that be fine?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I need some advice, please. I'm going to fly out to Philly for the January homestand.

The last time I did so, I bought tickets for all the games I wanted to see well in advance (like, months before). I was paranoid about flying all the way from Germany and then maybe not getting a ticket for the games. So I quite probably overpaid, and I want to be a bit more relaxed about it this time and maybe not spend quite as much money this time around.

I know the game against the Pens on 1/2 is probably going to be sold out, so I'll definitely get tickets for that soon, and I also know that it's going to be expensive. I'm absolutely willing to go there to see a game against the Pens. I'm just not quite sure about the other games.
Islanders, 1/4/18 at 7m (Thursday)
Blues, 1/6/18 at 1pm (Saturday)
Sabres, 1/7/18 at 1pm (Sunday)
The Flyers ticket site lists really cheap Islanders and Sabres tickets, the Blues tickets seem more expensive there. But maybe it's due to which tickets are still available. I was planning to use StubHub, I only checked the Flyers site to see what prices they list. What do you guys think, are any of those three games ones that I should worry about getting tickets for if I wait until shortly before the game, or should that be fine?

Honestly it could go either way. Tickets could be cheaper or they could be more expensive.

Obviously that doesn’t help you much but you can’t really go wrong either way. I’m the kind of guy that sees a deal that I like and then after I pay a price I was willing to pay I don’t bother looking to see if the market is up or down.

Reactions: HereNow16

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Honestly it could go either way. Tickets could be cheaper or they could be more expensive.

Obviously that doesn’t help you much but you can’t really go wrong either way. I’m the kind of guy that sees a deal that I like and then after I pay a price I was willing to pay I don’t bother looking to see if the market is up or down.

This is my take as well.

I did it for the home opener. Saw lower level for 110$ a piece and grabbed them. Didn't log back into stubhub once until I was pulling the ticket up on my phone at the game.

Reactions: HereNow16

HereNow16

Oct 18, 2016
Germany
You both have a point. At the very least, having tickets would be one more thing to scratch off my travel-preparation-list. I was just thinking if someone would have the immediate reaction of saying "oh, Buffalo on a Sunday afternoon is never going to be a sold out game", I might have considered waiting until game day to get the ticket.

I wanted to get the ticket to the Pens game some time this week, anyway. I guess I'll just take a look for the other tickets then, too. At least that way, I can spend some time pondering where I want to sit and spread out over different seats for the different games.
Thanks for the replies!

Reactions: SnS

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Does anybody happen to have any connections for any of the suites who may be looking to sell any games? Helping out for my brother-in-laws bachelor party and we're thinking about starting the day with a Flyers game.

The main date we're looking at is Saturday, December 2, against the Bruins. In looking at the rest of the schedule, the other two games that could work would be:
Saturday, January 6 (vs. St. Louis)
Saturday, January 20 (vs. New Jersey)

The Bruins game would likely be the first option, followed by the Blues game. I know some guys here have been long time STH (@Hollywood Couturier and others), so figure I'd post something about it here! Thanks fellas

bja5149

Dec 4, 2017
Selling 2 sets of 4 tickets to Flyers vs. Penguins on January 2nd. $145 per ticket ($580 per set). Face Value.

Club Box 23 Row 4 Seats 13-16
Club Box 23 Row 5 Seats 6-9

Am able to email tickets upon receipt of payment. Preferred payment is PayPal or Venmo.

Please email [email protected] if interested. Thank you.

CelticPride

Jan 12, 2015
Have two tickets to flyers vs penguins for January 2nd. Section 101 row 13 seats 3 & 4. Face value at $143.00 each. looking to sell them for $140.00 each. Includes a parking voucher which I will include for free. Message me if you are interested.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If anyone is looking to dump tickets off for tonight's flyers Isles game, please send me a message.

Origina1Master

Mar 15, 2015
I have the opportunity to be in the Philly area for a work seminar in May. I could potentially catch a game between May 5-12th.

So, this begs the question: how far do we need to make it in the playoffs for me to be able to catch a game? I never really pay attention to the dates during the playoffs. I’m guessing this would be getting into third round territory.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I have the opportunity to be in the Philly area for a work seminar in May. I could potentially catch a game between May 5-12th.

So, this begs the question: how far do we need to make it in the playoffs for me to be able to catch a game? I never really pay attention to the dates during the playoffs. I’m guessing this would be getting into third round territory.

That would probably be towards the end of the second round and potentially into the third round. If they’re still playing then and you’re in the area you won’t want to miss it.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
anybody want a decent pair for tonight's game?
section 9, row 17
hit me up

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My friend hooked me up with a ticket for the game against the Habs, assuming the city of Philadelphia is still standing by then after last night.

DirkStarlight

Jan 22, 2011
I got tickets to the devils game Tuesday. Can i buy 1 parking pass in the premium seat lot on stubhub and be fine? Seats aren't premium.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I got my playoff invoice in the mail today. 1st 2 rounds were $66 last year, $80 this year. Conference finals $75 last year, $90 this year. Finals $99 last year, $150 this year.

That's last year's prices. This year's playoff invoice is in: $83 per ticket for 1st 2 rounds, $94 per ticket for conference finals, $156 per ticket for cup finals.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
They're charging me $123 for the 1st 2, I don't even remember what the later rounds are cause I'm still not over the sticker shock. Think this might be the last straw for me, can't help but feel like they're shitting on the season ticket holders to make up for the fact that they're no longer selling out frequently.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
They're charging me $123 for the 1st 2, I don't even remember what the later rounds are cause I'm still not over the sticker shock. Think this might be the last straw for me, can't help but feel like they're ****ting on the season ticket holders to make up for the fact that they're no longer selling out frequently.

FWIW they're at a 95%+ clip this Season and were 100%+ last Season... with most likely cheap walkup seats going unsold.

Postseason was always minimum 50% over RegularSeason... and then went to tiered P.O. Round Pricing.

What is actually killing them is the lack of PostSeason Games... no longer in POs every year, and no longer having deep runs... that is what rakes in Revenue for profit... and to run Organization.

Sticker shock for me is Late Rounds... but will be overjoyed to have chance to use them.

Hang in there if possible... better times ahead.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm $75 for the first 2 rounds. For comparison, Cup finals tickets in 2010 where I sit were $50

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I'm $75 for the first 2 rounds. For comparison, Cup finals tickets in 2010 where I sit were $50

I'm currently $99 for first two rounds.

Since the 2010 SCFs there has been a couple reconfigurations with Seat Location Pricing... the last adjustment even encompassed which side the Flyers shoot twice... The difference is not as simple as inflation and cost and STM Rate Increases.

Finals costing only $50 is insanely cheap in this Era... I forget my exact cost for the Finals, but I do remember it being way over the top high... I also remember thinking in the end that the ride made it all worthwhile... and had they won the Cup, no amount would have seemed out of the question... $1k face value SuperBowl cheap seats would have been acceptable to me, had I been in the position to purchase.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while the PostSeason is expensive... I'm so happy when the Flyers put me in the position to have to be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad