Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2018

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
391.gif

With the 148th selection of the 2018 Fake Draft, the Minnesota North Stars select, from the USNTDP (USHL), HEAVY defenseman Adam "HEAVY GAME" Samuelsson.

Can't pass up such a HEAVY REARGUARD this late. Great, HEAVY size. Surprisingly good vision for a man of his HEAVINESS. Summer birthday, so could get even HEAVIER. We'll let the whole "Ulf's son" thing slide.

A._Samuelsson.jpg

@Captain Dave Poulin is up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigToe

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
391.gif

With the 148th selection of the 2018 Fake Draft, the Minnesota North Stars select, from the USNTDP (USHL), defenseman Adam Samuelsson.

Can't pass him up this late. Great size. Surprisingly good vision. Summer birthday. We'll let the whole "Ulf's son" thing slide.

A._Samuelsson.jpg

@Captain Dave Poulin is up.
The word heavy should’ve been used at least once in this post. Cap being up next after this pick is perfect too. :laugh:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
In all seriousness, I usually prefer nimbler, quicker skaters than Adam Samuelsson, but he's still growing into his gigantic, heavy frame and only a season removed from a torn ACL, so his skating has a chance to improve. For the late 5th round I couldn't pass up taking a flyer on him. He really does have surprisingly good vision, which is my #1 preferred trait in a defenseman, and great reach. It's kind of funny, though, because there's a forward out there who I strongly considered, but I can't get past his skating, which seems stuck in mud; however, I think it will hurt the forward's chances at an NHL game more than A. Samuelsson's.

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
With the 150th pick the Winnipeg jets select from the BCHL Trail Smoke Eaters Seth Barton.
AND NOW WITH THE 151st IN THE 2018 HFBOARDS MOCKDRSFT OF THE QMJHL CAPE BRETON SCREAMING EAGLES EGOR SOKOLOV.
I thought the bold fit cause they’re the screaming eagles but that may just be me :laugh:

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
391.gif

With the 152nd pick of the 2018 Faux Draft, the Minnesota North Stars select Martin Pospisil, C, Sioux City (USHL).

Pospisil blew away the USHL in PIMs with 253 in 49 games, and went on a 2nd half tear offensively to end up with 37 points in 49 games. His game is trending upward, and he finished 3rd overall in the USHL Top Prospects skills testing. Minnesota is hoping for a late bloomer here who, at the very least, can be a bottom six physical presence who can skate.

24_pospisil,_martin.jpg

1 (24) Vitali Kravtsov, RW, Chelyabinsk (KHL) Vitali Kravtsov - Elite Prospects
3 (63) Ondrej Buchtela, D, Chomutov (Extraliga) Ondrej Buchtela - Elite Prospects
3 (86) Gabriel Fortier, LW, Baie-Comeau (QMJHL) Gabriel Fortier - Elite Prospects
3 (91) Slava Demin, D, Wenatchee (BCHL) Slava Demin - Elite Prospects
5 (148) Adam Samuelsson, D, USNDTP (USHL) Adam Samuelsson at eliteprospects.com
5 (152) Martin Pospisil, C, Sioux City (USHL) Martin Pospisil at eliteprospects.com

@BernieParent is up with Vegas.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
As the Golden Knights' name is called to make the next selection, Gerard Gallant rises once again, all alone, to announce the pick. Gallant's face shines with the exuberance of a man in Stage III constipation as he climbs the stairs.

"With the 153rd pick in this year's NHL draft, the Las Vegas Golden Knights are pleased to select, from Lincoln of the USHL, left winger Paul Cotter."

7222.jpg

I actually remembered to message @Chuck Downie for the next pick. (That's in my voice, not Gallant's.)

Chuck Downie

Filthy Blonde
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Time for Stevie Y to take a break from his other favourite sport....

2c6569a35c89cf261bce91834be11bdd--steve-yzerman-metro-detroit.jpg

....and sign a custom poster made by an adoring fan.

c5c5b6bc6ada8e4aa68582d5b28432a7--steve-yzerman-detroit-red-wings.jpg

:boltsselects centre Gavin Hain.

Here are fake Yzerman's selections so far:

62 - Jay O'Brien, C, Thayer Academy (USHS)
92 - Curtis Douglas, C, Windsor (OHL)
123 - Nico Gross, D, Oshawa (OHL)
154 - Gavin Hain, C, USNTDP (USHL)

@BillDineen
is up for :nashville

Reactions: Flyerfan13

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Sacrebleu! Le joueur que je voulais faire dans le dernier round est toujours disponible! Les Nordiques auront encore une fois le dernier rire! Haw Haw Haw !!!
So what i gather from this is you did something to your Sac to make it bleu and apperently it was funny!!! Am i correct?

Reactions: Rebels57

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Aside from the actual evaluations that @denominator will compile at the conclusion of the mock and actual drafts (hopefully, please?) there are some clear front-runners for who won the mock draft.

In a non-specific order, the leaders so far may be: @pit, @BernieParent, @DrinkFightFlyers. They are really staying in character and giving some thoughtful and entertaining contributions to the mock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad