Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4 Oilers 2

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Seems like a good PP...How has Tmac not tried this yet?!?

Woodcroft still trying to perfect his cloning machine. Should be running by Christmas, or so I hear. So the reinforcements are coming. Do no worry. The PP is not a problem. Everything will be fine. Where's the former Iraqi Information Minister when you need him?

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Woodcroft still trying to perfect his cloning machine. Should be running by Christmas, or so I hear. So the reinforcements are coming. Do no worry. The PP is not a problem. Everything will be fine. Where's the former Iraqi Information Minister when you need him?

I knew that's what the extra cap space was for...Woodcroft is a genius!!!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I knew that's what the extra cap space was for...Woodcroft is a genius!!!

Yes, now you get the plan. Soon we'll have an entire army of Letestu's, and the SC will be ours. Everything will be fine.

BaghdadBobComicalAli.jpg

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I wonder how much of that is coaching though too.

Those young guys look like they have no idea what role they're supposed to play.
There's an easy way to find out if Katz is willing to foot the bill for the next 2.5 years.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Yes, now you get the plan. Soon we'll have an entire army of Letestu's, and the SC will be ours. Everything will be fine.

BaghdadBobComicalAli.jpg

I just want to tank you kindly for putting my mind at ease. Knowing that the cavalry (AKA the Letestu Army) is coming really destresses me. I really needed that!

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Guys I really think we are witnessing Nurse develpoing into a LEGIT all-around #1 dman.

Hes a rock every night, you just know hes not going to make a mistake to cost us and can trust him in all situations.
Can play a heavy physical game or a speedy skill game.
That play in the 3rd where he shot the puck wide then raced to the point and manage to make a play was outstanding.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Guys I really think we are witnessing Nurse develpoing into a LEGIT all-around #1 dman.

Hes a rock every night, you just know hes not going to make a mistake to cost us and can trust him in all situations.
That play in the 3rd where he shot the puck wide then raced to the point and manage to make a play was outstanding.

One of the only bright spots of this year. Nurse is a beast out there

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Terrible performance, but this one pretty much sums up the NHL officiating in Oilers games this year.

Felt kinda bad when this happened because I was watching with my older brother and when we saw an Oiler lying on the ice we thought it might have been McDavid. And then I saw the number I said "oh it's just Letestu."

I can't be the only one. :eek:

Reactions: KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I just want to tank you kindly for putting my mind at ease. Knowing that the cavalry (AKA the Letestu Army) is coming really destresses me. I really needed that!

There's absolutely nothing to worry about. This is all part of the plan. We're just 'rope-a-doping' the league so that they'll lower their guard when the Letestu army comes in. Then it's all over for the rest of the NHL. Just keeep this a secret! This is VERY top secret info. I mean, no one else can see this, right? I'm not good with computers and the interwebs.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Similar comments were made about Klefbom last year, so I'm going to temper my enthusiasm. Knowing the Oilers, something bad will derail his development.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The boys probably had to hold Woodcroft back from jumping on the ice to go after that guy.

Just wow. The ref clearly saw the crosscheck (or could be called for interference -- one or the other), and just stares and calls nothing. Typical for us this season, sadly.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
There's absolutely nothing to worry about. This is all part of the plan. We're just 'rope-a-doping' the league so that they'll lower their guard when the Letestu army comes in. Then it's all over for the rest of the NHL. Just keeep this a secret! This is VERY top secret info. I mean, no one else can see this, right? I'm not good with computers and the interwebs.

Don't worry soon the NHL will see the glory of the Oilers. ALL PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR LETESTU AND HIS ARMY OF THE LIGHT!

Reactions: KarmaPolice

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

He has been surprisingly excellent... I knew he had the upside but in all honesty I never expected him to rise up so quickly and become so solid this season as he really did not look even average for much of last season.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Similar comments were made about Klefbom last year, so I'm going to temper my enthusiasm. Knowing the Oilers, something bad will derail his development.

I am the biggest Klefbom fan around, bought his jersey despite his slow starts and have followed him thouroughly since the moment we drafted him. And every time I read comments about him being a undisputed #1 dman I laughed. He made a bad defensive gaff consistewntly last year, but alot of posters overlooked that because of the rest of his game (even myself at time).

Nure on the other hand I was never a fan of, I wanted to trade him (++) for another dman (Trouba) for years. I just thought he was to dumb to ever become a top 2 guy. He is solid no doubts in my mind.
This is different than Klefa imo.

But your logic is indisputable, this is not a big enough sample size . This is the Oilers after all, and developing dmen is something we have never ever done correctly.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Conspiracy Alert...What if TMac told Larsson and Talbs to be "hurt" and is holding Seks back from playing to show Chia how badly they need better Dmen and a better back-up Goalie

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
He has been surprisingly excellent... I knew he had the upside but in all honesty I never expected him to rise up so quickly and become so solid this season as he really did not look even average for much of last season.

I someone wouldve told me Nurse would be playing like this and Klefbom would playing like he is I wouldve bet all my money on it not happening and laughed hysterically.
Nurse has surprised the hell out of me.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Wonder how bad Katz feels about this season. Probably not too bad though.. sitting in that LA mansion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->