Floride, NYI prospects

transclo

Oct 8, 2004
Which of these prospects should be the best during this season in the Big team?

And in few years, best potentiel?

Floride: Anthony Stewart, Gregory Campbell, Rotislav Olesz

NYI: Sean Bergenheim, Jeff Tambellini, Robert Nilsson, Petteri Nokelainen

Thanks

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Which of these prospects should be the best during this season in the Big team?

And in few years, best potentiel?

Floride: Anthony Stewart, Gregory Campbell, Rotislav Olesz

NYI: Sean Bergenheim, Jeff Tambellini, Robert Nilsson, Petteri Nokelainen

Thanks

I can't speak for Florida, but Bergenheim won't play next year, Tambellini will most likely be in the AHL another year, and Nokelainen if he returns to start the season, likely won't be at 100% health. So, Nilsson aside, I wouldn't take any of those Isles prospects for next season.

Transported Upstater

Floride can be a very reactive ion. Be careful with floride compounds and prospects.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Where is Floride, anyway?

Have to say Olesz, he looked good last year and will continue to learn, along with Weiss, under Niuewy this season.

Le Golie, care to say who, and why, is better in the bunch? Or are you just going to give the short answer?

Transported Upstater

Flouride :D, Floride is the Flouride found in the waters off the coast of Florida :teach: ;)

I was keeping the spelling as the original, so my quoting of his post made more sense.

And next time you correct my intentionally erroneous spelling, get it right :D Fluoride, is actually the correct spelling. Not Flouride. :biglaugh:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I was keeping the spelling as the original, so my quoting of his post made more sense.

And next time you correct my intentionally erroneous spelling, get it right :D Fluoride, is actually the correct spelling. Not Flouride. :biglaugh:

Oh my fault, I knew that lol, I guess it was a typo, and I was kidding, I wasn't serious about correcting your spelling or anything ;)

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Where is Floride, anyway?

Have to say Olesz, he looked good last year and will continue to learn, along with Weiss, under Niuewy this season.

Le Golie, care to say who, and why, is better in the bunch? Or are you just going to give the short answer?

When some little rah-rah homer steps up with his Panthers avatar and says 'My team's highest rated player is BY FAR the best of the bunch' he doesn't deserve a rational response. He has no clue what he is talking about.

Since you weren't like that I will give a real answer. I'll only break down the Islander's top guy, and not bother getting into the other Islander players - like how Nokelainen is better than Stewart.

From what I've seen, Robert Nilsson is more purely talented offensively than Olesz. He's a wizard with the puck and when he grows into his role in the NHL he could be very dynamic. Nilsson still has to get a lot stronger and improve in a lot of areas.

That being said, Olesz has a better all around game and is very talented in his own right. He has character to match his skill and he's got an edge that Nilsson doesn't have. Where Nilsson will sometimes avoid traffic, Olesz will seek it out. Not that Nilsson can't play in traffic, because he can, but Olesz is more willing to get involved every time he can.

As someone who's seen them both play quite a bit, I'd give a slight edge to Olesz.

So I don't have a problem with the homer's opinion. I just have a problem with how uninformed and overstated he is about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad