OT: Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team: #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Note: Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn.

So far:
#1: Roberto Luongo
#2: Keith Ballard
#3: Paul Laus (A clear knockout victory!)

EstConf96*

Jay Bouwmeester. Top 3 dmen to ever play for the Panthers.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Tough.

i always have a soft spot for the 96 team. Always and forever. Was a fan of Heds. Was never that big on Bouw to be honest, even before his contract stuff.

Olsen it is

just kidding. Ill vote when i decide

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Tough.

i always have a soft spot for the 96 team. Always and forever. Was a fan of Heds. Was never that big on Bouw to be honest, even before his contract stuff.

Olsen it is

just kidding. Ill vote when i decide

Tough for me, too. It should probably be Bouw hands down, but Hedican was one of the most reliable d-men we've had, great skater and he could score a little, too. A nice addition to the Bure trade.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Tough for me, too. It should probably be Bouw hands down, but Hedican was one of the most reliable d-men we've had, great skater and he could score a little, too. A nice addition to the Bure trade.

Hedican was good, don't get me wrong, but he's a poor-mans Jay-Bou.

Bou was unreal when he played here. His skating was unreal good. He could make a mistake and you'd never notice because his wheels erased it.

I wish it never ended so sour here with him. One of my favourite Dmen to ever dawn the Panthers jersey. I remember being at his draft in Toronto and just being over the moon that we got him. I still have his jersey and wear it from time to time.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yeah I gotta let his last stint go. He was the best in the league at the time
and then when he wasn't traded, his play dropped horrifically. Dunno if the refs werent the biggest reasoen we missed that year, but JayBo keeping his play up would have gotten us in. And far.

Maybe he coincidently got hurt? I dunno.

Wander

May 12, 2014
yeah JayBo. Ekblad next.

#6?

I think it's worthwhile to have a topic for each if we're doing this all the way even though many are more or less a given. I like reading anecdotes from those who saw players from back in the day.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Has Ekblad played enough to supercede what other 5s have done?

As PR as said, its what they have done in a Panther Jersey

voted Hedican. I have no time for the Mike Wallaces of the world

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I think it's worthwhile to have a topic for each if we're doing this all the way even though many are more or less a given. I like reading anecdotes from those who saw players from back in the day.

Absolutely, was just sayin lol

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I hate Jaybo more than any ex-Panther, but couldn't help but vote for him in this match. He had some good years down here despite tanking himself once the deadline came and went and the playoffs went down the drain.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Voting for Hedican just to spite Bouw, but I know he's technically the best for this one. He's at least partially responsible for us missing the playoffs in his last season and basically we got nothing for him.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Voting for Hedican just to spite Bouw, but I know he's technically the best for this one. He's at least partially responsible for us missing the playoffs in his last season and basically we got nothing for him.

I mean technically, as a team sport everyone is partially responsible. I remember the reason Martin wouldn't deal him at the deadline was that he was such an important shutdown defenseman for us that year. One of our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad