OT: Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team: #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.
  • In the case of a tie after the 72 hours has completely run out on a poll, we will have a run-off poll to decide that winner.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| Peter Worrell
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure
11|Bill Lindsay
12|Olli Jokinen
13|Juraj Kolnik
14|Ray Whitney
15|Jozef Stumpel
16|Aleksander Barkov
17|Derek MacKenzie
18|Mike Hough
19|Radek Dvorak
20|Brian Skrudland
21|Tom Fitzgerald
22|Kristian Huselius
23|Rhett Warrener
24|Robert Svehla
25|Viktor Kozlov
26|Ray Sheppard
27|Scott Mellanby

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Voted Kovy last thread, voted Straka this one, was Robert Lang ever a Panther and did he wear 29??? Favorite line ever.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Pretty much the only good thing about Kamil Kreps is that his time as a panther was right when talladega nights was popular so for the rare times he scored, the Jumbotron would play the "I love Crepes" scene.

Straka is only Mr. Penn because we were dumb enough to buy him out. Just another in a long line of dumb decisions made by the panthers in the years after 96.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Always been a Jason Wiemer fan. Guy's tough as nails, but could still play a decent center. It's too bad he was only here one season:

'02 - 70 GP, 11 G, 20 A, 31 PTS, 178 PIMS, -4

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I gotta say, for as good as Straka was or could be, I still favor Spacek in this one. He was here longer, and while he didn't get to make the same playoff impression Straka did, was a pretty good offensive defenseman. I would say he was rather underrated while here and he was certainly missed.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Pretty much the only good thing about Kamil Kreps is that his time as a panther was right when talladega nights was popular so for the rare times he scored, the Jumbotron would play the "I love Crepes" scene.

Straka is only Mr. Penn because we were dumb enough to buy him out. Just another in a long line of dumb decisions made by the panthers in the years after 96.

I think the REAL Kamil Kreps tried to add me on FB. Kinda creepy what I remember most about his FLA time:laugh: He was in that mix of higher ceiling Panthers hopeful prospects that did not pan out.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
396886-jan-1999-peter-worrell-of-the-florida-panthers-gettyimages.jpg

He should win both 8 and 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad