OT: Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team: #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.
  • In the case of a tie after the 24 hours has completely run out on a poll, we will have a run-off poll to decide that winner.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| Peter Worrell
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure
11|Bill Lindsay
12|Olli Jokinen
13|Juraj Kolnik
14|Ray Whitney

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Had to go with Stumpie

Doug Barrault <- I have never heard this name even

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
PRock, did you know that Terry Carkner won your poll for #2, 8 to 7 over Ballard?

Not true, read the thread. One poster mistakenly chose someone else and stated their vote was meant for another, I take them at their word. That was a tie, but another poster chimed in to state their vote which broke the tie.

Maybe that one's a bit controversial. Should we have a run-off for it??

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not true, read the thread. One poster mistakenly chose someone else and stated their vote was meant for another, I take them at their word. That was a tie, but another poster chimed in to state their vote which broke the tie.

Maybe that one's a bit controversial. Should we have a run-off for it??

I don't think so, like you said in the # 14 poll, he won fair and square (and I voted for Carkner. Really only one I'm disappointed in, dislike Ballard very much.)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Uh, Stumpel I guess.

Forgot if he was actually good though. Those years are almost erased from my head

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I voted Nemirovsky, kind of by default.

Never liked Stumpel or Gagner, both seemed to just play when they wanted too. Not my type of players.
The rest only have probably under 100 combined games, which is a very small sample size.

Nemirovsky's '98 season wasn't too bad, plus he's a former Sarnia Sting which always helps :D

'98 - 41 GP, 9 G, 12 A, 21 PTS, 8 PIMS, -3

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
ShootIt and HTR, Stumpel was one of the smartest players we've ever had, by far our best face off guy ever. He seemed to never lose at the dot.

I remember when he went an entire half season without taking a penalty and then right in front of me he was called for the most disgusting "skinny call" I have ever seen. Guy lost an edge with Stumpel trailing and (his stick) was literally 6 or 7 feet away from any point of contact. Between that and the Eddie dive thing, sums up how the refs have treated us for 20 years.

How anyone could not like him is beyond me! He wasn't lazy by any means.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Went with Gagner just because I remember playing with/against his son and him being absolutely dominant on the ice. Shame his NHL career seems to have fizzled out

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
3-4 names I've never heard of as a lifer. Who is this Florida Panthers team you speak of ....
Can somebody include GP in Panthers Red only for all names above ha.

Anyways, Stumpel /

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad