Pre-Game Talk: Florida at Montréal 2-19-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
If I've learned anything this year, it's that a win is a win, nothing more. I place absolutely zero merit in the context of the win. It simply doesn't matter who the opponent is/was that night. We've proven to be more efficient in our ability to come back and play better after tough losses versus building momentum and stringing together wins. A 3-2 win versus Toronto doesn't mean anything going into Thursday vs Montreal as far as momentum. We could see a completely different game from the Panthers.

@ Toronto: 3-2 W
We were able to take advantage of a free-falling TML's team with no juice.

@ Montréal:
MTL's 7-2-1 in their last 10. No way around it, gonna be tough.

@ Ottawa:
OTT's barn is a tough place to play for us historically. They're 4-5-1 in their last 10.

@ Pittsburgh:
PIT is not in a great funk right now, but still competitive every night. 5-4-1 in their last 10.

@ Chicago:
Ugh.

THEN

VS Chicago:
I repeat, ugh.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
If I've learned anything this year, it's that a win is a win, nothing more. I place absolutely zero merit in the context of the win. It simply doesn't matter who the opponent is/was that night. We've proven to be more efficient in our ability to come back and play better after tough losses versus building momentum and stringing together wins. A 3-2 win versus Toronto doesn't mean anything going into Thursday vs Montreal as far as momentum. We could see a completely different game from the Panthers.

@ Toronto: 3-2 W
We were able to take advantage of a free-falling TML's team with no juice.

@ Montréal:
MTL's 7-2-1 in their last 10. No way around it, gonna be tough.

@ Ottawa:
OTT's barn is a tough place to play for us historically. They're 4-5-1 in their last 10.

@ Pittsburgh:
PIT is not in a great funk right now, but still competitive every night. 5-4-1 in their last 10.

@ Chicago:
Ugh.

THEN

VS Chicago:
I repeat, ugh.

Ya our western roadtrip looked "ugh" on paper as well, but we kicked arse until Winnipeg.

So your right, yesterdays win is a win, 2 points needed in the bank, and now lets surprise MTL.

FlaPantherSwe*

Well we play well vs Canadian teams but if Price is in net i have a feeling we will have a bad time tomorrow.. Hopefully Bjugstad stays hot

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Well we play well vs Canadian teams but if Price is in net i have a feeling we will have a bad time tomorrow.. Hopefully Bjugstad stays hot

But we have Luo in net back in his hometown. He always seems to play well in the Bell Centre. And don't forget Dec. 30 against the Habs he was unreal, minus the one soft goal he allowed in the 2nd. He was the reason we got a point for the SOL.

From a hockey fan perspective I wouldn't mind seeing the best two goalies in Canada going head-to-head.

You wanna be the best, you have to beat the best!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Didn't someone say Tokarski is starting?

Me, because I assumed they would use the backup on the second half of the b2b. But they are giving Tokarski the "easier" game. :(

And with the Panthers luck Ottawa's starter will be healthy Saturday too lol

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Looks like tonight Tokarski is getting the nod. Tomorrow you guys should get Price. Lets just say though that I wouldn't cry if we ended up losing the game against you guys despite Price being in nets.

I'm hoping Florida can make it in this year. Don't get me wrong a Montreal vs Boston series would be wild but the fans in Florida deserve a series or two finally. It's about time!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We'll pretty much know the latest after those Hawks games if were buyers or sellers. If we bomb before those games totally we'll be sellers even sooner

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Lets just say though that I wouldn't cry if we ended up losing the game against you guys despite Price being in nets.

I'm hoping Florida can make it in this year. Don't get me wrong a Montreal vs Boston series would be wild but the fans in Florida deserve a series or two finally. It's about time!

I didn't think it was possible for a Habs fan to say something like this about Panthers fans, but thank you very much!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Looks like Subban was injured, Habs called up someone.

It's for Emelin, looked like he broke his collarbone.

I watched Habs-Sens, Subban and Markov both played 30 minutes, Subban hurt his foot blocking a shot, stayed in the game but could barely skate. Montreal is so tired, Florida should outplay them badly, win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad