Speculation: Florida about to acquire a goalie

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Maybe we could swap Reimer for Mrazek...

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I think our time to get anything of any sort of value, even a 7th, for Reimer was this offseason when the Coyotes were desperate for someone to stop pucks.

Reimer had a .922 and has great goalie analytics for their computer boy GM.

At this point we'll have to eat salary in a trade then have a team buy him out

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think our time to get anything of any sort of value, even a 7th, for Reimer was this offseason when the Coyotes were desperate for someone to stop pucks.

Reimer had a .922 and has great goalie analytics for their computer boy GM.

At this point we'll have to eat salary in a trade then have a team buy him out
We could argue that he's still a .922 in front of an average defense....

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Mrazek.... please no. He got paid and then decided to not show up. I'd rather trade for Coreau.
Coreau doesn't have NHL starter potential. If I'm trading for an AHL goalie, I go for someone younger and more promising. Otherwise I just wait if Niemi becomes available again.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Maybe we could swap Reimer for Mrazek...
Interesting idea, but I don't see an incentive for Detroit to do it. Although Reimer's contract is a sure thing and you never know if they'd be able to get a comparable goalie (he's played poorly this season, but I don't think he's as bad as the numbers make him out to be) for less money from UFA. Reimer could also be a good tank commander if they go full-in with the rebuild.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Reimer will be fine. He has to play his way though this slump.

No other choice really. Maybe you trade for Hammond or Mrazek and they go on a tear, they aren't going to completely replace Reimer for the rest of the season.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

No other choice really. Maybe you trade for Hammond or Mrazek and they go on a tear, they aren't going to completely replace Reimer for the rest of the season.

It's no slump. He just is bad technically

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

His bad play isn’t an exception. Get a guy like Hutch and find the first customer to dump Riemer on.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
His bad play isn’t an exception. Get a guy like Hutch and find the first customer to dump Riemer on.

Hutchinson may be cheaper than Reimer but surely not better. There's a reason why he's still an AHL goalie despite being 27yo. The Panthers are obviously looking for a potential longterm solution. Guys like Saros or Mrazek. Or what about Pickard? I really don't know why that kid is in the AHL. I think he was really good for both Canada and the Avs.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Trading Reimer isn't going to be easy, there isn't a whole lot of options.

Canes, if Ward goes somewhere else, maybe.
Avs, Bernier is a UFA and their prospect Martin probably isn't ready, possibly.
Jets, bringing this up purely because he's a native, unlikely.
Sabres, who knows what they'll do with their goalies, maybe.
Rangers, if they commit to a rebuild, maybe.
Isles, Halak is a UFA and Greiss has underachieved, possibly.
Wings, already brought up, maybe.

Then there's a couple teams that could use a backup/1b, but can't fit Reimer under the cap. Too many maybes and not a real market for him.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
ive thought of saros and korpisalo too, but outside his first year korpisalo has put up mediocre numbers, and saros isnt playing well at all right now along with being short. looking at the resumes grubauer sticks out more. although i wouldnt be opposed to any.

Well, unfortunately, there is no Freddy Andersen or Martin Jones type out there in the goalie market right now. A young, guaranteed, proven starting caliber netminder that is blocked by a more established goalie.

We're looking for a potential #1 goalie. Saros and Korpisalo have upside needed to be a #1. Have they proven it yet? No, but the ability is clearly there when you watch either of them play. I said the same thing about Sergei Bobrosvsky when he was in Philly and the BJ's acquired him coming of a .898 save % season.

Guys like Hutchinson are proven - proven that they are not NHL starting caliber material. He's another Michael Leighton. Great AHL goalie. Bad NHL goalie. Knowing Tallon, that's who he'll go for.

Of the names that have been mentioned - only Philip Grubauer is remotely interesting. Hutchinson is garbage. Pickard is a good backup but not a starter. Garrett Sparks could be a decent flyer is he's really cheap but....meh. Rather give up a decent asset and roll the dice with someone with real potential.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Well, unfortunately, there is no Freddy Andersen or Martin Jones type out there in the goalie market right now. A young, guaranteed, proven starting caliber netminder that is blocked by a more established goalie.

We're looking for a potential #1 goalie. Saros and Korpisalo have upside needed to be a #1. Have they proven it yet? No, but the ability is clearly there when you watch either of them play. I said the same thing about Sergei Bobrosvsky when he was in Philly and the BJ's acquired him coming of a .898 save % season.

Guys like Hutchinson are proven - proven that they are not NHL starting caliber material. He's another Michael Leighton. Great AHL goalie. Bad NHL goalie. Knowing Tallon, that's who he'll go for.

Of the names that have been mentioned - only Philip Grubauer is remotely interesting. Hutchinson is garbage. Pickard is a good backup but not a starter. Garrett Sparks could be a decent flyer is he's really cheap but....meh. Rather give up a decent asset and roll the dice with someone with real potential.

I would go after Grubauer! He definitely has the potential to be a No.1 goalie . He is behind a good D in WSH but he has proven on numeral occasion in the national team that he is a great goalie

Nashville wont give up Saros anyway . He will be the new No 1 after Pekka retires. Right now they are sending him down/ calling him up every 2-3 games. Clearly for developing reasons

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Tallon should also consider Mrazek. The guy just needs outta Detroit. Pretty confident he'd do well. He's way better than Korpisalo, Sparks and Hutchinson for sure.
Saros would be epic but I don't think Nashville is looking to trade him.

Don't think Detroit would want much. Detroit might even retain salary or take Petrovic in return.
They haven't even protected him for the expansion draft. For them, Howard is still a number 1. I don't even know why they gave Mrazek that deal. Blashill and Salajko really don't like Mrazek. I don't know what happened since they loved him back with Grand Rapids but there's this falling out in practice with Mrazek refusing to take extra shots so it must be something personal. Mrazek never officially said that he wants out but he apparently hinted something like that when talking with Czech newspapers. After all, I think the Redwings shouldn't have let go Jim Bedard. Detroit's goalies were much better under him.

I just came here to ask your interest level in Mrazek.

Assume this:

1) Howard's play has been solid, we would like to move Mrazek (24 yr old - 4mil last year this year, RFA)
2) FLA has called Detroit with interest in Mrazek (I may know some things ;) )
3) We would be willing to retain this year.

What is the max you would pay in picks/prospects (we are rebuilding).
If you want us to take a cap dump back (a pick /prospect) would be required.
I have no demands for value, just wondering what could happen here.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I just came here to ask your interest level in Mrazek.

Assume this:

1) Howard's play has been solid, we would like to move Mrazek (24 yr old - 4mil last year this year, RFA)
2) FLA has called Detroit with interest in Mrazek (I may know some things ;) )
3) We would be willing to retain this year.

What is the max you would pay in picks/prospects (we are rebuilding).
If you want us to take a cap dump back (a pick /prospect) would be required.
I have no demands for value, just wondering what could happen here.

Any interest in Reimer plus pick for Mrazek?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
according to lebrun theres been a lot of interest from several teams for Dell. hopefully we're one of them. especially if we're looking for someone who can actually have potential to become a fulltime starter opposed to just a fill in back up till luongo is ready then id imagine we've inquired about the cost of dell.

the only thing is, if we actually are looking for someone who could potentially be a starter, therefore someone not a stopgap but would actually remain on the roster, then that would mean we'd have to either trade reimer or luongo retires. thered definitely be takers for reimer, but we might have to retain up to 0.5per.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
reimer is not the reason we're losing!!!! he's doing his job. he's been pretty steady lately with a good save percentage. you can't blame him for all the empty netters.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
reimer is not the reason we're losing!!!! he's doing his job. he's been pretty steady lately with a good save percentage. you can't blame him for all the empty netters.

He's been fine. Still would like another goalie just to give him a breather and possibly keep for the future.
Luongo, while playing well, is showing signs of his age with the injuries these past two seasons.

Don't see Reimer as anything more than a 1B at his best.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad