Flint Firebirds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Off topic, but how was attendance for the Bucks this year? I saw they won their national championship, and they've always had a strong team, but I never ended up making to a game at Atwood. Hopefully it's enough for them to get a solid footing here and the beginning of a long history in Flint.

Opening Night 5,000+
Semi Finaly 4,800+
Championship 7,800+

There were some mid week games, there might have been 1,200 people at. But the weekends always 2,500+
They had better attendance numbers then the USL1 Lansing team, which are paid professionals. So they had a pretty good year and brought home some hardware.

Reactions: icuwoot

AnotherDimwit

Sep 13, 2007
Grand Blanc, MI
Opening Night 5,000+
Semi Finaly 4,800+
Championship 7,800+

There were some mid week games, there might have been 1,200 people at. But the weekends always 2,500+
They had better attendance numbers then the USL1 Lansing team, which are paid professionals. So they had a pretty good year and brought home some hardware.

Badass. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Looks like they've found a permanent home.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Opening Night 5,000+
Semi Finaly 4,800+
Championship 7,800+

I am not a big soccer fan, but i hope it is a huge success for the city and the fans who like it.

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Badass. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Looks like they've found a permanent home.

The semi final and finals were like college football games. Tons of tailgates going in the parking lot, great atmosphere. But people also like a winner. Costa and his crew did a great job advertising the games the final month.

General Pete

May 22, 2019
Clarkston, MI
Opening Night 5,000+
Semi Finaly 4,800+
Championship 7,800+

I was at all 3. That stadium holds 10,000. Those numbers were definitely inflated. And im pretty sure the majority of those tickets were free which makes me nervous that it won't be sustainable for the long term. But then again they don't have to pay for equipment, pay the players, or college education costs. A championship is a championship though!

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I was at all 3. That stadium holds 10,000. Those numbers were definitely inflated. And im pretty sure the majority of those tickets were free which makes me nervous that it won't be sustainable for the long term. But then again they don't have to pay for equipment, pay the players, or college education costs. A championship is a championship though!

Holds 11,000, and I think that number is actually low. It held 20,000+ back in the day for the Northern/Central football games, they haven't made any changes to the actual structure, so not sure how its almost cut in half other then per the fire marshall.

The semi final game, I know they gave away roughly 1,500 tickets to try and get people in the stands to impress the USL officials, so they could host the title game. The USL awards the games on a bidding process.

What makes you think opening night the finals game were inflated?

Finals game number seemed low, there were so many people on the far sideline with the tent, standing up top on the fence.

General Pete

May 22, 2019
Clarkston, MI
Holds 11,000, and I think that number is actually low. It held 20,000+ back in the day for the Northern/Central football games, they haven't made any changes to the actual structure, so not sure how its almost cut in half other then per the fire marshall.

The semi final game, I know they gave away roughly 1,500 tickets to try and get people in the stands to impress the USL officials, so they could host the title game. The USL awards the games on a bidding process.

What makes you think opening night the finals game were inflated?

Finals game number seemed low, there were so many people on the far sideline with the tent, standing up top on the fence.
I dont know, both end zones were empty which would probably be half right? My honest guest was 4,000-5,000 with 2,000-3,000 of those free. but I could be wrong.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
They sold a decent amount with the buy 1 get one free via the Dort Federal offer. But the hand outs weren't as many. I had a buddy who was a sponsor give me 30 tickets for the semi final game. He only got 4 for the finals.

Photo below was right after kickoff and it filled up pretty good around the 40 minute mark.

With the crowd on the far sideline and under the tent. I thought the finals game was even more.

But agree with you, a Championship is a Championship, People like a winner. When the Birds start winning this year, hopefully the local buzz has the Dort packed on Friday and Saturday nights. Bandwagon might get a little full this year.

Attachments

• 20190803_193900.jpg
    20190803_193900.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Gensdef and icuwoot

General Pete

May 22, 2019
Clarkston, MI
They sold a decent amount with the buy 1 get one free via the Dort Federal offer. But the hand outs weren't as many. I had a buddy who was a sponsor give me 30 tickets for the semi final game. He only got 4 for the finals.

Photo below was right after kickoff and it filled up pretty good around the 40 minute mark.

With the crowd on the far sideline and under the tent. I thought the finals game was even more.

But agree with you, a Championship is a Championship, People like a winner. When the Birds start winning this year, hopefully the local buzz has the Dort packed on Friday and Saturday nights. Bandwagon might get a little full this year.
And as a birds fan, I'd welcome that!

Reactions: MJ5

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Anyway you cut it I am sure the USL League 2 is ecstatic with the Bucks move to Flint. The nearly 7,200 that were at Atwood Stadium was an all-time attendance record for a finals game. Should help attract some great players for next year as well.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Yes. Lots of disagreements here the last four years. Scared many potential posters away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad