Flint Firebirds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

house hockey 98

Apr 8, 2018
Man was not impressed with him at all, however I was only at the 3:30 game.. fun game to watch the Blue team really kicked it in late in the 3rd and made some plays late to win. great to see the fans show up and the team did a great job with the events.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Firebrd828, has there already been an article confirming Vierling's signing?
Basing that off two things...first is that was the word going around the rink this weekend at the Development Camp. Second is that he was wearing a half-visor instead of a full cage on his helmet. My understanding is that if they're under the age of 18, only signed players can wear the half-shield. All others under 18 have to wear full facial protection. The only other skaters wearing half-shields were the three (Keppen, Harris, Gretz) who were on the Firebirds roster last year, and are of course, also signed.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Unlike some other teams, the Firebirds have typically announced their first signings in late May to spreadsheet the big news for the team. I believe the schedule is announced sometime in June.

Last edited:

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Well Wellington has 7 forwards with 40 or more points. I would imagine minutes are hard to come by on that team if your not on the top 2 lines

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Well Wellington has 7 forwards with 40 or more points. I would imagine minutes are hard to come by on that team if your not on the top 2 lines
Burridge is 10th among forwards and 17th overall in scoring on Wellington. Maybe it's just me, but if we're talking about a guy who isn't even in the top 9 forwards on his OJHL team, I'm not that concerned about whether he was here or not.

EDIT-Make that 11th and 18th if you include Eric Uba's Wellington stats.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Burridge is 10th among forwards and 17th overall in scoring on Wellington. Maybe it's just me, but if we're talking about a guy who isn't even in the top 9 forwards on his OJHL team, I'm not that concerned about whether he was here or not.

EDIT-Make that 11th and 18th if you include Eric Uba's Wellington stats.
Well, they're in the finals so let's hope two things. One-they're a veteran loaded team going for it with 18-19-20yo's and Two-he does a lot of other things right.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Wellington won their league playoff championship on Sunday and are preparing to play for the Central Canada Championship. (Sort of a mini-Memorial Cup.)

Burridge has played 4th line minutes for the bulk of the year but has been missing lately because of an injury.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
He was also drafted by the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the USHL but did not make it out of training camp. I do hope he can find his scoring touch.

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Very proud of Ty Dellandrea in the World Under-18 Championship Games. Canada was elimnared today by the Czech Republic 1-2. Dellandrea had Canada’s only goal. He finished with 5 points in 5 games and a plus/minus ratio of plus 5.

Reactions: Firebrd828 and cub

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I stings a little bit seeing Hamilton marching into the Rogers Cup Finals against SSM with our former Head Coach and four prominent former Firebirds leading the way. Moore and Caamano are 2nd and 3rd on the team in playoff scoring. The Bulldogs have gone 4-1 in each of the first three rounds.

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Will Bitten has improved his two-way play while Nicolas Mattinen has been solid on the back-end. The quartet of former Firebirds have played a large role in getting the Bulldogs to the OHL Finals.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
No offense Bulldog fans. Caamano and Moore quit on the fans of Flint and their teammates before being traded. I will be pulling for the Zoo in hopefully a 7 game series.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I stings a little bit seeing Hamilton marching into the Rogers Cup Finals against SSM with our former Head Coach and three prominent former Firebirds leading the way. Moore and Caamano are 2nd and 3rd on the team in playoff scoring. The Bulldogs have gone 4-1 in each of the first three rounds.
...and Kole Sherwood ripping it apart for the Rangers. I was surprised to see Hamilton get past both Niagara and Kingston. I'm not a fan of Moore, Bitten or Caamano but I've developed quite a dislike for the Soo over the course of these playoffs. It won't bother me too much if the Bulldogs actually manage knock the Greyhounds out now. After Owen Sound went out, I was really hoping Kole and the Rangers would get a shot at the Memorial Cup. I'm assuming Hamilton has just bought themselves a little more stability. Flint needs to start putting some W's up and get some playoff success this year because if a viable relocation spot develops they're not ahead of too many possible organizations.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Go watch the highlights of the game 6 winner. Sherwood scores and skates towards the Soo bench. Wish they would have won, can't stand Soo.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Go watch the highlights of the game 6 winner. Sherwood scores and skates towards the Soo bench. Wish they would have won, can't stand Soo.
Yeah, certain Soo fans have set an all new high for crying on HFBoards that's for sure and some I've come to respect for being humble and fairly unbiased. I know Kole plays with an edge but I don't recall EVER seeing him back down. I mean if you wanna do something about him....go do something, he's right there. We'll see if he takes that with him to the next level but he just punked out guys in the O.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I have nothing against Hamilton, it’s fans, the Tiger Cats, or the Canusa Games. I just cannot get past Caamano and Moore. Can I cheer for Hamilton without cheering for those two?

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm the rumor about Costa?

Also, on a side note I believe only 1 of the 2 players quit on the Firebirds as is being said. The other one (Moore) has more integrity than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad