Flint Firebirds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Think Gordeev could be had for the right price or is he an untouchable?

Problem is what Gens would be willing to part with; probably not a comparable ‘99 or 2000 D (Gens don’t have) or Brewer.
So it comes down to whether Stillman or Brassard + 2018 pick or multi-player deal makes any sense?

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
As thin as this team is on the blue line, I can't see Gordeev going anywhere. Unless they were getting back a decent young Dman in return.

Unless Mattinen were to play an OA year, if you moved Gordeev you would be so thin on the blue line. Hakon would probably be on your #1 pair.

Hakon, Busby, Gretz, Pilon, Alexandrov? You have 2 kids who should probably actually be in this league right now in Busby and Gretz, and both will basically be 2nd year players after Busby has missed almost the entire season.

I'd be shocked if Alexandrov was back next year. You are building something with some solid young talent offensive talent with Dellandrea, Roberts, Holmes, I can't see them trading the only good dman they would have coming back next year.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Problem is what Gens would be willing to part with; probably not a comparable ‘99 or 2000 D (Gens don’t have) or Brewer.
So it comes down to whether Stillman or Brassard + 2018 pick or multi-player deal makes any sense?

Ennis+picks for Gordeev would make sense if Flint wants a younger D back. I'd also be willing to give Stillman, but that wouldn't make much sense for Flint to get an older D than the one they're trading away

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
The fourth line out to start a power play with only 15 seconds left in the 2nd periond, huh??? Oulahen is pretty serious about winning this one....:huh:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Umm I'm thinking your probably reading a little to much into it. Checking out again since the drama doesn't seem to have dissipated here.
Forgive me but I really don't understand your response? If a coach is upset with his #1 power play and sees an opportunity to send a message to them then he throws out his #4 line while #1 sits on the bench - If this is not the case then I have no idea what you were trying to say - I will move along if you wish.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
If that's the case (it very well may be) I wish Ouhlahen would have benched his underperforming top line earlier in the season. No matter what was or IS going on behind the scenes with the organization, it's pretty obvious that they're performing much better with Moore and Caamano gone. I read Brock's trade deadline preview and I definetly see the long term benefit of moving Jalen but I really think it would be best to keep him around until the end of the season. Playoffs look to be all but gone either way, but he just looks like the glue holding this team together right now. Talking on the bench, always going to talk to or give the goalies a pat, directing players and being the first and most enthusiastic to celebrate with teammates. Gordeev and others could use the guidance. I don't think Fedor is quite playing up to his potential right now and definetly needs to settle down with penalties too.

Reactions: domi55us

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Pretty impressive performance tonight. Sure, Sarnia is missing some bodies but Flint is without Busby, Kislinger and Gretz too. The team looks better, goalies have looked better and Roberts has been a really nice addition. They outplayed Saginaw last night too but Cormier is actually pretty good now and they didn't get any bounces. It doesn't help Saginaw is really good at blocking shots, getting sticks in the lane and breaking up plays. They roster 5 16yo's and 5 17yo's when Gretz is healthy. I don't mind watching a team that young perform like they have since Moore and Caamano departed. Congrats to Ty on the hat trick tonight.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Pretty impressive performance tonight. Sure, Sarnia is missing some bodies but Flint is without Busby, Kislinger and Gretz too. The team looks better, goalies have looked better and Roberts has been a really nice addition. They outplayed Saginaw last night too but Cormier is actually pretty good now and they didn't get any bounces. It doesn't help Saginaw is really good at blocking shots, getting sticks in the lane and breaking up plays. They roster 5 16yo's and 5 17yo's when Gretz is healthy. I don't mind watching a team that young perform like they have since Moore and Caamano departed. Congrats to Ty on the hat trick tonight. I also thought they out played Saginaw. Didnt bury the chances we had, but that will come with time. Didnt see Sarnia game but by stats looks like they played pretty good. If all our 1st year and 2nd year players come back next year and the addition of some more top draft choices we could be be very good. Thats my worry though. That these guys want to come back or want to be traded and will top picks come here if the behind scene stuff s still going on.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Oulahen has his faults, but the team has played better since he has been back behind his he bench. Nice to see Dellandrea showing up and having a outstanding game. He needs to give that effort every night and lead this team.

DetroitFan555

Dec 20, 2017
Is it just me or have there been a lot more lasting injuries this year? Busby out for the season with a shoulder? Gretz out 4-6 with a shoulder? Hopefully they heal quick it's hard to develop a young team if they are sitting on the IR! The games I've been to so far this season have still been fun despite the win/loss record though but hopefully we can pick it up and turn things around for the second half.

Last edited:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Is it just me or have there been a lot more lasting injuries this year? Busby out for the season with a shoulder? Gretz out 4-6 with a shoulder? Hopefully they heal quick it's hard to develop a young team if they are sitting on the IR! The games I've been to so far this season have still been fun despite the win/loss record though but hopefully we can pick it up and turn things around for the second half.
They had some significant injuries last year, as well. The biggest was probably Kirwan's concussion(s) that derailed him after a red-hot start to the season. He was out for a significant number of games, then was never the same after he was able to come back. I think it's just much more noticeable this year, because they aren't as deep.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
They had some significant injuries last year, as well. The biggest was probably Kirwan's concussion(s) that derailed him after a red-hot start to the season. He was out for a significant number of games, then was never the same after he was able to come back. I think it's just much more noticeable this year, because they aren't as deep.
...and it's a little easier to hide the loss of a forward or two as opposed to two D. Especially when one of them was expected to be top 4 or maybe even getting top pair minutes.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Merry Christmas you guys! Leaving the country for seven days (Mexico) shortly. Let’s hope for a promising 2018 for our Firebirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad