Flint Firebirds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
‘was’? his biggest booster? I only said that after a dozen years of scout, assistant GM/head scout, GM/head scout/ON U17 head scout; and, probably a glowing reference from out going GM Burnett, Branch earned his current titles on his own merit.
Certainly not because of his out going personality. :)

i beg to differ, over 20 years in OHL no one wanted to touch him, credit daddy for where he is, also the rest of Branch siblings.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Our players performed well last night. You’ve got to think Bitten, Caamano, and Moore wanted to lay a 10 spot in Flint last night. The key is trying to keep that same focus going forward if possible for our players.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If you want to judge a person solely on his parent and where he chooses to conduct business, that is your prerogative.
I will wait a couple of more years to judge BBs body of work based on the success of teams he had a part in drafting Belleville/Hamilton now, Sudbury in two years, and Flint after that.
For now, discussion is over.

CJinGrandBlanc

Apr 7, 2016
A live interview with Barclay Branch, wow. I doubt he liked that.

Was hoping that the Firebirds would post the Branch interview onto one of their social media sites. So far I haven't seen that happening.

I happen to have a complimentary pass to OHL Live via a fellow alumnus from grad school who works for Neulion which produces OHL Live. I've contacted him in hopes that he can provide a copy of the interview in which I will post here for everyone to see.

Once again, full credit to the Firebirds players for last night's victory against Hamilton. The kids could have folded and packed it up after having blown a 3-0 lead, but the players put together a performance the rest of the game to give them the win and two points. Let's hope this is the start of some positive results on the ice.

Reactions: Fastpace

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Our players performed well last night. You’ve got to think Bitten, Caamano, and Moore wanted to lay a 10 spot in Flint last night. The key is trying to keep that same focus going forward if possible for our players.
Well, we won't have to wait long to find out with a talented Niagara team coming in tonight. It was good to see Garrett fired up and fully focused. He was clearly interfered with on that 3rd goal. There was a couple missed calls last night including Hakon cross checking the hell out of a Bulldog along the end boards. He had a strong night too. The boys played with an edge and were sticking up for each other. Wismer had a great game, it would be fabulous for him to get going. If they were to play Dellandrea, Roberts, Holmes and Harris at C that's one really young but loaded with potential group of Centers. Does anybody have an idea what is going on with Gretz? Having him in the line-up would help.

Reactions: Fastpace

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Great 1st & 3rd, again.

Long change in the 2nd is apparently the problem. o_O

Hit by 41 at the end should be reviewed, dirty as hell. Got beat and threw out a dirty ass knee.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
2nd period was a disaster but give the boys credit they didnt quit.
Yeah, that's 66% better than they were playing. I guess it's not surprising a team loaded with 16 and 17yo's can be a bit erratic. Still, there were some good signs, Jack Wismer finally looking like he's getting adjusted to the O and CJ Clark contributing.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Looks like they're starting to get back on track. The injuries on D are really hurting though. I would still like to see a new coach behind the bench but if they play like they have over the last 3, Ouhlahen won't be going anywhere this year. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the 'Birds are 4-4-0-0 without Ryan Moore this year and were 5-13-2-0 with him in the lineup.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Not a bad weekend. 4 out of 6 possible pts two of the games against two good teams from western Conference. Really if not for that very bad second period saturday possible could have been 6 out of 6.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Gretz in a sling last night- rumor is he’s out 4-6 weeks minimum.....Busby done for rest of season.
Kislinger has been scratched for the last 4 games. His last appearance was in the 6-1 loss at Saginaw that got really ugly at the end. I'm assuming he was injured in that game...can anyone confirm???

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Kislinger has been scratched for the last 4 games. His last appearance was in the 6-1 loss at Saginaw that got really ugly at the end. I'm assuming he was injured in that game...can anyone confirm???
Gone to a Tournament in Germany.
Should be back in a month.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Is anyone going to the Detroit Red Wings Alumni gave vs the Flint Generals Alumni Game Friday Night at the Dort Center? Lots of big names will be playing. I an not coming to town until Saturday so I am going to miss it.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Is anyone going to the Detroit Red Wings Alumni gave vs the Flint Generals Alumni Game Friday Night at the Dort Center? Lots of big names will be playing. I an not coming to town until Saturday so I am going to miss it.
I am going its part of our season ticket package. Generals were always my favorite era of Flint Hockey. Lot of memories. Made a lot of friends from that era of hockey.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I agree Gensdef. Loved the IHL rivalry games with Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Port Huron, Saginaw, Fort Wayne, and Toledo. However, the OHL has really grown on me and I love it too. Probably would love it more without Rolf and Terry C. around!!!

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
I agree Gensdef. Loved the IHL rivalry games with Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Port Huron, Saginaw, Fort Wayne, and Toledo. However, the OHL has really grown on me and I love it too. Probably would love it more without Rolf and Terry C. around!!!
I also like the OHL. Just wish all the distractions hadnt happened. If not for all the crap i think the fan base would be much larger.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I'll take the point. PP looked better. Decent puck movement and possession. If not for lucky bounces, some questionable calls/non-calls and Kitchener starting the wrong goalie, that could have been 6 or 7 to 1 Rangers early in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->