Flint Firebirds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
ok Sherwood is back, What are the rules as far as can they recall him in the middle of the season. Wouldnt be good to get rid of one of the other overage jrs then have him recalled

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
ok Sherwood is back, What are the rules as far as can they recall him in the middle of the season. Wouldnt be good to get rid of one of the other overage jrs then have him recalled

they cant, once hes down, hes down.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Sherwood most definitetly makes Flint a playoff team, but at what cost to current team chemistry.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
According to London if Sherwood plays 1 game for Flint this year, they will receive Flint's 2020 2nd round (Oshawa) pick. According to the Draft Pick Datebase, Flint does not own Oshawa's 2020 2nd round draft pick.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
There was definetly a conditional 2nd round pick in that deal based upon Sherwood playing as an OA. Whether or not it was Oshawa's I don't know. I would assume it's based on him playing any game for any team in the OHL this year. If they've changed Keppen's roster # on the website I think it's safe to assume we see Kole on DFCU ice this weekend.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Just wondering out loud...why is it, exactly, that the Firebirds still hold the rights to Sherwood??? By rule, a team can only roster 4 OAs at a maximum, correct? They would have to release any number of OAs beyond 4, correct? So wouldn't the Firebirds have had to relinquish the rights to Sherwood during the time of the first two games of the season when they had 4 other OAs on the roster (Moore, Colella, Forrest, and Kirwan)??? Is Kirwan still (officially, anyway) on this roster as the Firebirds' own website suggests??? Shouldn't Sherwood be an OHL free agent, then???

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Just wondering out loud...why is it, exactly, that the Firebirds still hold the rights to Sherwood??? By rule, a team can only roster 4 OAs at a maximum, correct? They would have to release any number of OAs beyond 4, correct? So wouldn't the Firebirds have had to relinquish the rights to Sherwood during the time of the first two games of the season when they had 4 other OAs on the roster (Moore, Colella, Forrest, and Kirwan)??? Is Kirwan still (officially, anyway) on this roster as the Firebirds' own website suggests??? Shouldn't Sherwood be an OHL free agent, then???
Psssschhh. OHL rules.....you know who our GM is?

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Wouldn't at all be surprised if Kole is called back up. Basil MacRae is the Director Of Player Personnel for Columbus. He's also one of the owners of the Knights. If Sherwood plays one game in the OHL, London gets the conditional second round pick in 2020 that was part of the trade.

Not the classiest move if it happens, but technically and legally it can be done.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Wrong, because he is a 20 year old they can call him when they want, unlikely except in emergency situations that they will.

no, its not. once your in junior, your in junior. there is no yo yoing of OA players to the ahl, it doesnt happen. name the last 20 year who was called up and down during the coarse of a year? it doesnt happen.

you can call up emergency players of any age. i believe an 18 year old brayden schennwas a call up a few nights with the flyers when he was in the WHL.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

They can hold as many as they want until mid november, then i believe it has to get down to 4. can carry 4 until the trade deadline. they give you as many as you want until mid november for reasons like this.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
They can hold as many as they want until mid november, then i believe it has to get down to 4. can carry 4 until the trade deadline. they give you as many as you want until mid november for reasons like this.
That's interesting. I would have thought that they would have to release anything beyond 4 so that they couldn't be hoarded and could look for other places to play.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Headed up to Flint for the game with girlfriend tonight. First time seeing them at the Dort. Like what I've seen from the team so far. Little hiccup on the road trip, but happy with what I've seen overall at least

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Hopefully they took note of what happened to Missy last night in Sarnia and realize that the Steelheads are probably gonna be fired up for this one.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
No Sherwood tonight?

How'd they look? In Minnesota for football this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad