Flint Firebirds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Using TC's post from the last thread. Looked like the most up to date list for picks.

1st Rnd 10th Overall
2nd Rnd 28th
2nd Rnd 30th
3rd Rnd 49th
4th Rnd 66th
4th Rnd 68th
4th Rnd 74th
4th Rnd 77th
5th Rnd ----
6th Rnd ----
7th Rnd 129th
7th Rnd 139th
8th Rnd 150th
9th Rnd 170th
10th Rnd 190th
11th Rnd 210th
12th Rnd ----
13th Rnd 250th
14th Rnd 270th
15th Rnd 290th

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

Flint 1st
Flint 2nd
Flint 3rd
Mississauga 3rd
Flint 4th-15th

Flint 1st
Flint 2nd
Flint 3rd
Mississauga 3rd
Oshawa 3rd
Niagara 3rd
Flint 5th-15th

Flint 1st
Flint 2nd
Niagara 2nd
Flint 3rd
Flint 4th
Flint 5th
Oshawa 5th
Flint 6th-14th

Flint 1st
Flint 2nd
Niagara 2nd
Flint 3rd-15th

Flint 1st-15th

Flint 1st
Flint 2nd-15th

OHL Draft Data Base:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...P4pcpW7tZZ9D2Fo3asvy8D-ypY/edit#gid=319580547

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Using TC's post from the last thread. Looked like the most up to date list for picks.

1st Rnd 10th Overall
2nd Rnd 28th
2nd Rnd 30th
3rd Rnd 49th
4th Rnd 66th
4th Rnd 68th
4th Rnd 74th
4th Rnd 77th
5th Rnd ----
6th Rnd ----
7th Rnd 129th
7th Rnd 139th
8th Rnd 150th
9th Rnd 170th
10th Rnd 190th
11th Rnd 210th
12th Rnd ----
13th Rnd 250th
14th Rnd 270th
15th Rnd 290th

Wow... four 4th's. I imagine one or two of them will be dealt leading up to the draft.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
2017 OHL Priority Selection is this Saturday. Mock draft on another thread has Flint taking Arthur Kayilev, LW, Detroit Compuware 16U. Anyone know anything about him? Anyone heard any talk of other players Flint may be targeting? Any opinions about whether getting picks to elect to report to Flint is still an issue? Will Flint have to compromise when making it's selections due to having to take into consideration whether or not a pick will report???

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
A OHL contact tells me Saginaw is having a harder time getting players to report than Flint. A few other names that could be associated with Flint's 1st round pick are Connor McMichael, Mason Primeau, Cody Morgan, and Blake Murray. Flint could still have a challenge getting some of these Toronto kids playing as far West as Flint is.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
A OHL contact tells me Saginaw is having a harder time getting players to report than Flint...

Saginaw gambled "bigly" (Trump term...lol) with two of their early picks last year. If they end up ever getting Bode Wilde and Blade Jenkins to report, they could turn things around quickly.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Saginaw gambled "bigly" (Trump term...lol) with two of their early picks last year. If they end up ever getting Bode Wilde and Blade Jenkins to report, they could turn things around quickly.

Supposedly, there are some top Canadian prospects who have major concerns with Saginaw too. If I am Flint, I would get a players approval, like we did with Ty Dellandrea, before drafting them.

Max1045

Mar 23, 2017
Ice out at Dort Federal Events Center

Saturday i shaved the ice down. Sunday we took out the cloth logos and turned the plant off. We brought the truck and bob cat and broke the ice that was left. Today I ran the floor scrubber and was squeegee the water off the floor. Tryouts are at Flint ice land this month for next season. Take care every one.

CJinGrandBlanc

Apr 7, 2016
Saturday i shaved the ice down. Sunday we took out the cloth logos and turned the plant off. We brought the truck and bob cat and broke the ice that was left. Today I ran the floor scrubber and was squeegee the water off the floor. Tryouts are at Flint ice land this month for next season. Take care every one.

Max......Being away from the Flint area for over a decade can you verify the age of the ice operating plant at the Dort? Just wondering if an upgrade was done during the time I was away.

Also, are you aware as to how long (in years) an ice plant such as the size at the Dort (two rinks) operates efficiently before it starts to get to the point where it needs to be replaced.

CJinGrandBlanc

Apr 7, 2016
Supposedly, there are some top Canadian prospects who have major concerns with Saginaw too. If I am Flint, I would get a players approval, like we did with Ty Dellandrea, before drafting them.

Good point. In addition, I know its a bit early but nothing has been mentioned as to whether the GM and coaching staff will be back for next year. I would imagine, if by chance either of those would happen to change for next season it could also have an affect as to whether a player may want to play in Flint.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I haven't researched this year's draft as much as I did last year. I figure I'll just watch the chips fall and research the kids after. Gotta think Mason Primeau would go over pretty good with the fans. I saw noticeably less scouts in the arena this year, but I would assum the Wings have a good grasp on the franchise's situation and it wouldn't be hard for Keith to be informed of the franchise's current state. I was dissapointed Ouhlahen (despite some minor issues I had with the staff) wasn't nominated for Coach of the Year. He only took everybody's pick to be clearly the worst team in the OHL to the playoffs in clearly the best Conference in the entire CHL. I would expect him and Wellwood to return. Same goes for Stefan and Burnett. Both of whom I hope to see around for at least a couple more years. Let's hope. I think Burnett deserves the nod for Executive of the year. Like TC said, I hope they check with kids before drafting them or they plan on pulling another McLeod. As mentioned, I wouldn't mind seeing a pick or two being moved for a veteran body. Defense, Forward or maybe even Goalie. Colella for a 5th sure worked out, even if it was just because he complimented Kole and Ryan really well. We should have a JUST SLIGHTLY better idea of where Sherwood and Smereck might be next year soon. Gonna really miss some kids next year but I expect to see quite a bit of progression out of a few of them too. This year sure went better than last.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
100% Agree with you Savard on Ouhlahen, I was shocked when he wasn't even a finalist. He definitely deserved to be at least considered for it.

Got a lot of 4ths, not sure what we could get for a couple of those or even moved for picks in following years.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
100% Agree with you Savard on Ouhlahen, I was shocked when he wasn't even a finalist. He definitely deserved to be at least considered for it.

Got a lot of 4ths, not sure what we could get for a couple of those or even moved for picks in following years.

Yeah, I forgot to suggest moving a pick or two for one higher up the board in a year or two. Good idea.

CJinGrandBlanc

Apr 7, 2016
The GREAT DIVIDE……

Flint’s Past Season Record Against Teams that Finished with Fewer Points than Flint……21-8-1 (.717 point percentage – 43 points out of a possible 60).

Flint’s Past Season Record Against Teams that Finished with More Points than Flint……11-20-7 (.382 point percentage – 29 points out of a possible 76).

TAKING A DIVE……

Flint’s Record Over the Last 21 Games of the Season (Includes Playoffs)……7-11-3 (.408 point percentage – 17 points out of a possible 42).

Flint’s Record Over the Last 21 Games of the Season Against Teams that Finished with Fewer Points than Flint……6-3-1 (.650 point percentage – 13 points out of a possible 20).

Flint’s Record Over the Last 21 Games of the Season (Includes Playoffs) Against Teams that Finished with More Points than Flint……1-8-2 (.182 point percentage – 4 points out of a possible 22).

CROWD SHY??????

Flint’s Past Season Record Against Teams When Playing Before an Announced Attendance of Over 4,300……2-5-3 (.350 point percentage – 7 points out of a possible 20).

KUDOS to the Firebirds on this past seasons progress in making the playoffs in which hardly no one predicted they would do so. However, from the stats above they still have a long way to go in the GREAT DIVIDE between teams to where they can be considered as a serious contender.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Nick is one I started wondering about a little bit late in the season. His defensive game could use some work, he could take less useless penalties and he could improve along the boards a bit but.....he has the foot speed and goal scoring ability. It seemed almost no defenseman could stop him from grabbing it, taking it wide, burning them with his speed and driving to the net. I don't think it's at all very likely but I wouldn't be completely stunned to see him stick with Dallas. If (most likely when) he returns, the Birds are going to really need him to help drive the offense next year.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Yep. Even though we're rivals, I can appreciate the work those guys did. Those two would have been my picks for coach and GM of the year respectively. I was one of those many that had Flint pegged for the basement. Those guys did a amazing job taking the Firebirds to the playoffs.

Max1045

Mar 23, 2017
Second plant 1990

With an answer to your question my computer crashed. I start from scratch. I had a long thing but the program time out. Yea you would of like it. Off to the rack now.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
@FlintFirebirds: Congrats to @nickcaamano10 on signing a 3-year entry level contract with the @DallasStars! #BelieveInFlint
DETAILS:...

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
The GREAT DIVIDE……

Flint’s Past Season Record Against Teams that Finished with Fewer Points than Flint……21-8-1 (.717 point percentage – 43 points out of a possible 60).

Flint’s Past Season Record Against Teams that Finished with More Points than Flint……11-20-7 (.382 point percentage – 29 points out of a possible 76).

TAKING A DIVE……

Flint’s Record Over the Last 21 Games of the Season (Includes Playoffs)……7-11-3 (.408 point percentage – 17 points out of a possible 42).

Flint’s Record Over the Last 21 Games of the Season Against Teams that Finished with Fewer Points than Flint……6-3-1 (.650 point percentage – 13 points out of a possible 20).

Flint’s Record Over the Last 21 Games of the Season (Includes Playoffs) Against Teams that Finished with More Points than Flint……1-8-2 (.182 point percentage – 4 points out of a possible 22).

CROWD SHY??????

Flint’s Past Season Record Against Teams When Playing Before an Announced Attendance of Over 4,300……2-5-3 (.350 point percentage – 7 points out of a possible 20).

KUDOS to the Firebirds on this past seasons progress in making the playoffs in which hardly no one predicted they would do so. However, from the stats above they still have a long way to go in the GREAT DIVIDE between teams to where they can be considered as a serious contender.

Agreed they still have a ways to go and considering the state of the team at this time last year they made a huge leap that no one thought they would. That said I'm optimistic. Teams aren't built overnight. It takes years of careful planning and development to build a championship caliber team. I think most of us are well aware of their weaknesses. No need to harp on the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->