Fleury's season not over

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEKaki

I like how head coach Therien is handling things down there.
He really wanted this kid to come over.
He might not play right away but Therien feels that Fleury will learn alot during proffessional playoffs. Although I know that he's tired, this could be a + for Fleury's motivation as he so desperately wanted to stay in the pro's all year. Maybe a long playoff will help him...

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
the QMJHL is part of the CHL.

Fleury is eligible for the AHL next season but I don't quite get how this works. Something to do with him being sent down before the trade deadline...

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
The rule is this:

There is NO rule that says you have to be any age to play in the AHL. The rule is that a junior aged player cannot be sent down to the minor leagues without being first optioned back to his junior club. Every year multiple players get sent down to the AHL after their junior teams are eliminated from the playoffs and are done their seasons. This same thing came up last year with Dan Blackburn. Danny Fritsche got sent down a week ago, and no one even noticed. But since MAFs team is done with their season he can be sent to the AHL, the same woulod have applied if he was sent down from the NHL and would have never gone back to juniors. Technically he could have been sent down from the start of the season as long as they optioned him back to Cape Breton and they said it was OK and that they didnt want him.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
TMHUNH said:
The rule is this:

There is NO rule that says you have to be any age to play in the AHL. The rule is that a junior aged player cannot be sent down to the minor leagues without being first optioned back to his junior club. Every year multiple players get sent down to the AHL after their junior teams are eliminated from the playoffs and are done their seasons. This same thing came up last year with Dan Blackburn. Danny Fritsche got sent down a week ago, and no one even noticed. But since MAFs team is done with their season he can be sent to the AHL, the same woulod have applied if he was sent down from the NHL and would have never gone back to juniors. Technically he could have been sent down from the start of the season as long as they optioned him back to Cape Breton and they said it was OK and that they didnt want him.
Correct. There's also the issue of conditioning assignments, where I believe the player himself only has to agree to be assigned to the AHL for conditioning purposes for it to be allowed to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad