Fleury vs Vasilevskiy vs Bobrovsky

Fleury vs Vasilevskiy vs Bobrovsky

• Total voters

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
rn fleury. he's playing at his peak rn which is better than what the others are playing at rn

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Fleury, then Vasilevsky, then Bobrovsky.

Bob is only good enough to help you get to the playoffs and then flounder when it counts.

Both Fleury and Vasilevsky have been exponentially better in post season.

Fleury bad post season stretch is Bobrovksys entire post season career.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I voted for Bobrovsky but his playoff performances are a little bit troubling. I’m pretty sure I heard that he’s never let in less than 3 goals in a game in the playoffs. Rough.

I’m sure if this poll was done 3 weeks ago that Fleury would have hardly any votes though.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Fleury, then Vasilevsky, then Bobrovsky.

Bob is only good enough to help you get to the playoffs and then flounder when it counts.

Both Fleury and Vasilevsky have been exponentially better in post season.

Fleury bad post season stretch is Bobrovksys entire post season career.
Vegas and Tampa were exponentially better teams too.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Vegas and Tampa were exponentially better teams too.

Bobrovsky has played on better teams than both Price and Lundqvist have played with in Montreal and New York. They have taken below average teams past the first round. If Bobrovsky was all world, he could do the same and should have at this point. Point being, you cant always blame it on teams. He gets paid big money to be a franchise goaltender to carry his team deep in playoffs.

There is this misconception that Bobrovsky carries a bad team. Columbus is not bad. And they are certainly good enough to win one round.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Bobrovsky has played on better teams than both Price and Lundqvist have played with in Montreal and New York. They have taken below average teams past the first round. If Bobrovsky was all world, he could do the same and should have at this point. Point being, you cant always blame it on teams. He gets paid big money to be a franchise goaltender to carry his team deep in playoffs.

There is this misconception that Bobrovsky carries a bad team. Columbus is not bad. And they are certainly good enough to win one round.
I watch Columbus damn near every game and I can tell you for a fact that Bobrovsky and Panrin carried this team through the regular season. If it wasn't for Bob this team wouldn't even sniff the playoffs.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Goalie's value is earned in the playoffs. Flower is carrying the Knights.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I watch Columbus damn near every game and I can tell you for a fact that Bobrovsky and Panrin carried this team through the regular season. If it wasn't for Bob this team wouldn't even sniff the playoffs.

You mean they would not make the playoffs missing two of their franchise players? You can say that about virtually every team in the NHL minus a select few.

51.49 CF% (9th in NHL)
52.61 FF% (6th in NHL)
50.29 HDCF% (13th in NHL)
100.3 PDO (13th in NHL)

You cannot tell me they're a terrible team carried on the wide shoulders of Bobrovsky.

Watch the Islanders, Rangers, Sabres (I see plenty of all three as I live in New York), Coyotes, etc, if you wanted to see teams that get thoroughly outplayed on a daily basis. You might think Columbus is awful because you're a fan and expect more from them, and I totally understand that. But look around the NHL, they're an above average team. An above average team that Bobrovksy could not get past the first round.

It will continue to be a blemish on his career until he can prove... well... anything.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You mean they would not make the playoffs missing two of their franchise players? You can say that about virtually every team in the NHL minus a select few.

51.49 CF% (9th in NHL)
52.61 FF% (6th in NHL)
50.29 HDCF% (13th in NHL)
100.3 PDO (13th in NHL)

You cannot tell me they're a terrible team carried on the wide shoulders of Bobrovsky.

Watch the Islanders, Rangers, Sabres (I see plenty of all three as I live in New York), Coyotes, etc, if you wanted to see teams that get thoroughly outplayed on a daily basis. You might think Columbus is awful because you're a fan and expect more from them, and I totally understand that. But look around the NHL, they're an above average team. An above average team that Bobrovksy could not get past the first round.

It will continue to be a blemish on his career until he can prove... well... anything.
Of the three goalies mentioned in the poll, Bobrovskys was the youngest and worst of the bunch

And those numbers wouldn't be in the same stratosphere without Bobrovsky giving them a chance. He is literally the backbone of this team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not Fleury. Its like most forget his whole career, and regard one season. I guess thats what they've done for most of the Vegas team though.

One of the two Russians. Probably Bob right now because Vasilevskiy got outplayed badly by Holtby in that series, but in a year or two, probably Vasilevskiy.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad