Fleury or Murray

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
In a dynasty keeper league and I have the opportunity to trade for Matt Murray. My only quality keeper is Fleury. If I acquire Murray I'll have to let Fleury go, not looking like he has any trade value.
We get to keep 8 players, I'm Keeping:
P. Kane
B. Marchand
T. Hall
B. Boeser
J. Gaurdreau
V. Hedman
J. Klingberg
Fleury or Murray

I need to use John Carlson to get Murray....Or I could keep Carlson and Fleury and let go Klingberg. But for some reason I am preferring to keep Klingberg over Carlson anyhow. What's the opinion around here? Stick with Fleury for another season or 2 or go with the younger Murray.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Also, its essentially a total points pool, not H2H. 1 pt for goal, 1 for A. Goalies get 2 for a win and an extra 2 for a shutout, if that makes any difference, no points awarded for OTL. No other stats are used.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I support keeping Klingberg over Carlson. Klingberg being a younger and seemingly more durable with a more consistent point output - through 3 seasons.

Murray is younger and should rebound. He's likely only available because of his sub-par season. But, man has Fleury ever looked good this season! I'd have a hard time letting Fleury go.

I have to wonder how your re-draft works and what the overall roster limitations are. Do you think Murray would be available to be picked up if you kept Fleury?

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
I support keeping Klingberg over Carlson. Klingberg being a younger and seemingly more durable with a more consistent point output - through 3 seasons.
Murray is younger and should rebound. He's likely only available because of his sub-par season. But, man has Fleury ever looked good this season! I'd have a hard time letting Fleury go.
I have to wonder how your re-draft works and what the overall roster limitations are. Do you think Murray would be available to be picked up if you kept Fleury?

Nothing overly complicating about the re-draft, but certainly a few quirks. We hold 10 forwards, 4 D and 3 goalies, with 2 goalie starts open per night. You don't get a full slate of goalie starts and have to choose match-ups throughout the year as to not "waste starts". In an 8 team league with 3 goalies per, you can imagine goaltenders end up being quite valuable. We also have to draft a prospect every year that has to stay on our roster for 2 seasons...Most Gm's only keep 1 goalie, but there's a guy claiming he is keeping 2 this season. So, I think if I don't make the deal for Murray, he will be dealt elsewhere (my opinion) so won't be available to draft. I would guess anywhere from 8-10 starters will be locked away before redrafting. So mostly 2nd tier guys like Bishop, Crawford, Price will be available. Last year I wasted the 3rd overall pick on Talbot :mad:

In the end I either lose Carlson to the draft and keep Fleury, or move Carlson for Murray and lose Fleury. I guess I potentially could re-draft either player if they are available at my selection spot. :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad