Fleury lives the hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

butchers_dog

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
In terms of skill I have Lehtonen ahead of Fleury, If Lehtonen cathces on to the rink size fairly quick I think he could lead Atlanta to the playoffs this year or next, whenever he gets the chance.

So you have season tickets for Jokerit also?

JasonMacIsaac

butchers_dog said:
So you have season tickets for Jokerit also?
And please stop crying becasue I rate Lehtonen ahead of fleury, It makes you look like a moron.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, while I 90% of the time disagree with JMI, I rate Lehtonen over Fleury as of now.
It all could change of course, but as of right now, Lehtonen is better.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I'll chime in with the "Lehtonen > Fleury" crowd, too...I've only seen him play at the WJC, and he was far superior there. Lehtonen also one the MVP in the SM-Liiga...I'll wait until Fleury performs well over the course of the season in a men's league before proclaiming him king.

And no, the game against the Islanders doesn't count. It's just one game. Hell, Mike Fountain made his NHL debut in a 42-save regular season shutout vs. New Jersey. His career sure went places, didn't it?

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
i think the whole thread is a riot. The kid has ONE pre season game and he lives up to the hype. Hillarious. He is going to need a full season of solid hockey at the next level to be on the same page as Lehtonen at this point in their careers. I think you would be better served comparing him to Rick Dipietro. Both taken tops and both way over hyped but both have the same potential to be great young goalies in a couple of years. Of course, both have the exact same potential to be busts but heck why even consider that. I mean, the guy does have a gaa of 1.00 after one whole game and everything, I say we scratch Roy's name off of all of his trophies and write Fluery's name in there today.

Lehtonen/Fluery/Dipietro, all of them have yet to do anything in the NHL so none of them have lived up to their hype yet. Until they get there these kind of threads serve on very good purpose, they are fun to laugh at.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
tom_servo said:
It counts as what it is. A preseason game against professional talent.

:handclap:

:rolleyes: At a lot of other stuff.

We call MAF not playing against men...But of course, all of our heroes, aka the greatest player ever, Sidney Crosby is playing against giants and still owning.:dunno::rolleyes:

Anyways, Fleury is playing tonight in Halifax against Boston. Boston's lineup is this: http://www.bostonbruins.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=902. So he is playing a pretty close to NHL team tonight. So I would say tonight is his first real test of his young career.

So far it is 1-1, Samsonov just tied it up a minute ago (as I was typing this).

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
HOW DARE YOU BRING LOGIC INTO THESE HALLOWED BOARDS REGARDING THE PLAY OF THE FUTURE GOD OF HOCKEY CROSBY!!!!

SNOKE ABD BRIMSTONE SHALL RAIN ON YOU FOR YOUR PETULANCE!!!!!!

Stop trying to make sense of things Mr. It isn't welcome.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins had Thornton, Murray, Rolston, Samsonov and I think Knuble in their lineup.

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
Uh Oh, the dude gave up TWO goals in this one. His gaa just went up significantly. I bet he is a bust.

Just kidding, it's obvious the guy is the best goalie to ever play the game. He is living up to the hype for sure now. After two whole games and only giving up three goals he is better than all of the other goalies so far in the pre season.

;)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's earning a spot on the starting roster. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I really hope they send him back. These preseason games are not indicitive of what he will face come mid-October. It's going to be ugly in Pittsburgh this season, and letting Fleury continue his development in the Q is still the best course of action.

That said, he is obviously impressive and has a long career ahead of him. I just hope the Pens take a look at what happened in the big apple in terms of stunting a goalies development.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm not sure what the best thing for him is.
It's really an individul thing.
There's no general rule.
Olzcyk was quoted as saying something like "he's pushing others, that's good, that's what he's here for", something around that which makes me think he's junior-bound.
But at the same time, stoning Thornton, Murray and Samsonov makes you think he has nothing to do in the Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->