GDT: Flams vs Canes 1PM

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He's been excellent for the past 15-20 games.
The people who haven't noticed are people with the narrative we wasted a pick.

He's been exactly what we've needed.

It's the deal that make BT looks like a genius or an idiot depending on this season.

Honestly for awhile there, Hamonic didnt look too good but I watched him closely today and he was easily the Flames best dman defensively.

Reactions: Flameshomer

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I don't think he's been excellent for 15-20 games...He's been steadily improving over that many games. Since the win streak started he has been playing up to expectations, which is solid. Still don't like the trade, but I like the player. He's been a rock lately and I don't think the win streak is a coincidence.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I’ve liked him all year. He’s been a rock defensively. To me the problems on the second pair were TJ turning over the puck and making bad reads.

Defensively he almost never makes a bad play.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I stand by an earlier assertion I made that TJ was the one f***ing Hamonic up so bad to start the season. Not only has Hamonic adjusted to the system and is looking more confident/physical, I think TJ has been way less risky lately, which has helped a lot. I still like the trade and stand by that you make it 10/10 times with the team in the current situation. There's no way that pick should be close to the lottery with the skill level on this roster, and Hamonic is much better today (and statistically, likely ever) than any player we could draft in the back half of the first round.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Right call made by the DoPS. I hope Aho is okay.
Any chance the few Canes fans calling for Flames heads to roll will learn the rules from this?

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I’ve liked him all year. He’s been a rock defensively. To me the problems on the second pair were TJ turning over the puck and making bad reads.

Defensively he almost never makes a bad play.
He rarely makes bad reads, buuuuut (at least earlier in the season) he has been exposed by lack of speed somewhat frequently.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Considering people on the main boards still think it is a blatant knee intent on injuring while at the same time being an intent to concuss Aho, I will go with no, people won't learn the rules, or understand hockey, or understand physics, or have actual eye sight that works.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The correct call made by the DoPS. No way that should have been a suspension.

When you watch the play in full speed, its more clear there was no intent. Hockey is a physical sport and when you examine contact frame by frame, it looks worse than it is a lot of the time.

For example there any many cross checks thrown every game that never get called. If you froze the exact moment that a player gets cross checked and see the pain on the receiving players face, it would look a brutal play.

I really do feel for Aho though and hope he’s okay and makes a full recovery quickly. But that was a clean hit.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I don’t think there was intent at all, but Gio does need to watch his knee. One more time this happens and he’ll probably get some games. It’s just a matter of technique, not intent.
Agreed. I don't think what Gio did with his hit on Aho was questionable in terms of his technique, but I went back and looked at his hit on Fowler (after engaging in the whole Gio thread on the main board) and I can see why some other fans think he is a bit careless.

Hope the best for Aho's recovery after hearing the news earlier today that he has a concussion and the knee injury.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Agreed. I don't think what Gio did with his hit on Aho was questionable in terms of his technique, but I went back and looked at his hit on Fowler (after engaging in the whole Gio thread on the main board) and I can see why some other fans think he is a bit careless.

Hope the best for Aho's recovery after hearing the news earlier today that he has a concussion and the knee injury.

Gio does like his big open ice hits. Honestly as long as those are a part of the game you will from time to time get a hit that is mistimed or misses it’s intended target due to the other player moving.

These types of things are unavoidable and will happen from time to time.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I'm not expecting Giordano to change his game, nor do I want him to. But I can understand why some fans would call him careless, and I can respect that opinion a lot more than those that are talking about him like he's a blend of Scott Stevens and Matt Cooke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad