Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
d24796ce5959563f05ec8447e4d21083--australian-icons-crocodile-dundee.jpg

That's not a brawl; this is a brawl!!

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Yes yes, I know it's not a proper brawl, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna title it "Two Fights And Some Shenanigans"

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
It was nice to see some passion. Hockey needs that. Animosity makes great hockey. As we can see those Calgary fans were just disgusted by that and didn't like seeing it (sarcasm detector)..............

But in all seriousness, nothing beats players fighting near the bench and spilling into it. No, this wasn't the 1986 brawl in the corridors between the Habs and Bruins but when the goalies are almost getting into it you've got something.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I still chuckle at Hamonic's comments about the 'code', and Mantha.

Maybe the next time he's in a scrum - he won't jump an opponent - start throwing punches - try to pull the jersey over his head...At least that's one way to avoid getting your butt kicked.

Last edited:

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary

Maybe the next time he's in a scrum - he won't jump an opponent - start throwing punches - try to pull the jersey over his head...At least that's one way to avoid getting your butt kicked.
Maybe you should buy some glasses, two Red Wings mugged him from behind pulling him down to the ice, yeah gee wonder why he dropped them.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe you should buy some glasses, two Red Wings mugged him from behind pulling him down to the ice, yeah gee wonder why he dropped them.
Yeah, Hamonic seemed to be in dire straights when he was pulled back and fell to his knees for a few seconds. Really warranted him throwing down and raining punches on the nearest guy.

Like, they pulled him down and away from the scrum and let him get back to his feet. How much did he think they were trying to hurt him in that situation?

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Yeah, Hamonic seemed to be in dire straights when he was pulled back and fell to his knees for a few seconds. Really warranted him throwing down and raining punches on the nearest guy.

Like, they pulled him down and away from the scrum and let him get back to his feet. How much did he think they were trying to hurt him in that situation?

Who said he was in dire straights ? Oh right nobody. Yeah and getting horse collared and pulled down to the ice is a passive act right ? Hamonic gets up and there is a Red Wing squared with him who drops his stick as Hamonic is getting up, looks to me like he wanted to go.

Last edited:

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016

I read your comments then i watched Manthas fights on Youtube then i had a good chuckle.He is no tough guy lol

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I read your comments then i watched Manthas fights on Youtube then i had a good chuckle.He is no tough guy lol

As I am sure Hamonic could attest to Mantha is a lot stronger guy at this point in his career. He reported to camp at 230 and is playing at 225 this year. He was the wrong guy to choose after Zetterberg while trying to break it up threw Hamonic to the ice. The two really responsible for the takedown are Nyquist and Zetterberg.

Honestly I get Hamonic being really upset about how that played out. It is tough the way it went for him, he was pretty moody all night, his team got crushed and he got crushed. Tough spot. But if he wants to talk about the code he shouldn't have spent portions of the game not living up to it and he should have barked at his teammate when he broke it last week. He wound up getting his butt kicked as a result, tough lesson and I hope the Flames learned it. Just like I hope the other 30 teams in the league learned that the Wings aren't a team that will be taken advantage of as they will respond in kind when you attempt to do that to them.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
All in all, no matter what team you cheer for, you gotta admit this was a great brawl. Something hockey hasn't seen for awhile. It was definitely entertaining. The only thing that would have been better was if it was a bench clearing brawl.

Reactions: Mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad