GDT: Flames vs Rangers, 7:00 PM, MST. Sportsnet West, Fan 960

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
who knows, we can sit here a whine about the last 2 games. If we win the next two, everyone will be having a party. This time of year will kill a fans spirit one day and bring it back the next. That said, I like our chances tonight.

Except if we win the next two we'll still need to go 9-5-1 to make the playoffs. And the optimism after the last few wins has been warranted, because there was still enough room in the schedule to open up a lead and make the playoffs. That space doesn't exist anymore. We need to win more than twice as many games as we lose down the stretch to SQUEEZE in. And the guy behind the bench is not the sort of coach who can get a performance like that out of his teams.

If it were the Hartley Flames, I'd believe. But not this team, with this leadership, with this goalie tandem, with this little playoff experience.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
When we last had a 6-game winning streak, we had an even worse record.

It's definitely not like the Flames have put themselves in a good position, but by no means have they made it impossible.
I think putting most of your eggs in the winning streak basket will just lead to disappointment as wild card fodder rarely experience streaks of that magnitude more than once a season.

At this point in the season, it's all about making sure losses don't accumulate between mini 2 or 3-game win streaks and the Flames haven't done a good job at all of that this season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think putting most of your eggs in the winning streak basket will just lead to disappointment as wild card fodder rarely experience streaks of that magnitude more than once a season.

At this point in the season, it's all about making sure losses don't accumulate between mini 2 or 3-game win streaks and the Flames haven't done a good job at all of that this season.

Not like there needs to be any strategy in how we hope for the Flames to win. They just need to win, one way or another. One big streak is the simplest to think about, but if they simply win multiple games at a time while only losing one at a time, that would work, too.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
All those points they pissed away earlier in the season when Anaheim and LA were injured/bad really coming back to bite the Flames in the ass. Once again they've put themselves in a position where they have to go on a nice streak to get into the playoffs. Only they have to do it without their #1G and a merry band of misfits on the RW.

Did anybody realistically think they were coming back after that 4th Av's goal?

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Jesus Christ, I've seen obituaries more positive than this thread. Two game losing streak and people are acting like they've lost 10 in a row.

Reactions: Gaudfather

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
That bottom 6 is essentially a 4a and 4b line
They aren't 4th line calibre. They're a 5A and 5B line.

Brouwer-Jankowski-The worse version of Brouwer

The worst NHL regular over the past 5 years-Stajan but way out of his prime- Hathaway who hasn't made a good play in 20 games.

Sounds like Shore is playing for Hathaway though that's an upgrade I'm excited to see Shore.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This must be the first time someone's played with a Forever A Flame number, with Shore taking #25

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
We simply cannot afford goaltending gaffes like that. What a brutal injury Smith's has turned out to be. Hanging on by a virtual thread with these two AHL tenders, and since he's gone down Rittich has turned into Lack lite, and Gillies although has a couple wins has let in some real abominations.
By the time Smith returns he'll have to be a) of A+ status b) we'll need to win 7 or 8 of 10 at minimum.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Scratch Frolik for missing that empty net which led to Smith's injury...

I'm only half kidding

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah Gillies has given up a bad goal early in almost every start. But he tends to rebound well so let’s hope for that.

Reactions: flames23

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
Bettman gets to witness first hand why fans don’t want to pay for an arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->