Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Lol we have Backlund at a lower price than Lucic. :biglaugh:

Holy crap, I didn't realize this!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Character win at home but I despised Gully's third period strategy there after a strong 40. You can never play like that for a full period in the playoffs and get away with it regularly

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Yeah. Also Backlund will be making more than $3M less than Draisaitl over the course of his contract, and Draisaitl has done nothing to prove that he can run his own line.

Bennett is a better center, he's never had the same calibre of wingers / played with McDavid (except in minor hockey, when he played with McDavid and they actually won games.)

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
McDavid had almost 25 mins of ice time tonight whereas Backlund led our forwards with 20:34. Why are they continuing to run him into the ground when their season is over? Dude's gonna be spent by the time he's 25

That's ok by me.

How bout that big win on home ice! Didn't expect any offense with that bottom 6. Good to see us Mike and the boys contain McSoft.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Remember when we almost* signed Lucic?

Peppridge Farms remembers.

*I really don't know how close we were per se, but we were sniffing around.
Many, many teams were. Which is hilarious because he was the most obvious bait ever.

Well, maybe other than every other power forwards. And defensive dmen. But Lucic in particular stand out because of how much he checked every boxes.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
McDavid had almost 25 mins of ice time tonight whereas Backlund led our forwards with 20:34. Why are they continuing to run him into the ground when their season is over? Dude's gonna be spent by the time he's 25

Tonight was the Oilers' Stanley Cup. If they're not pulling out flukey shootout wins over us or taking advantage of Gulutzan-WTF moments like Nik Grossmann or Matt Bartkowski, or Monahan having to play against McDavid, they literally have nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nil.

Which is also the amount of goals they scored tonight.

Reactions: Dertell and Janks

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Gotta get the most value for their money while he's still cheap. After this season, his $/minute ratio turns to poo poo :sarcasm:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett is a better center, he's never had the same calibre of wingers / played with McDavid (except in minor hockey, when he played with McDavid and they actually won games.)

LOL..Like Bennett is better than Monahan kinda thing?

You should tell Bennett that cause he is not getting it.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I cannot believe how horrible Lucic is now, mind blown. That was a hard fought win, great team effort. Shore, and to a lesser extent Stewart were decent. I'd scratch Hathaway for Shore at this point.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Janko-Lazar
Stajan-Shore-Brouwer/Stewart

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I liked Stewart's game tonight. I doubt he gets in much as the season winds down but if he plays like that again he'd be a very useful 13th forward.
Tonight was the Oilers' Stanley Cup.
Maybe for the fans. The Oilers players were getting bullied all night by the Flames and didn't put up a fight.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Remember when we almost* signed Lucic?

Peppridge Farms remembers.

*I really don't know how close we were per se, but we were sniffing around.

I didn't even know we were interested.

Many, many teams were. Which is hilarious because he was the most obvious bait ever.

Well, maybe other than every other power forwards. And defensive dmen. But Lucic in particular stand out because of how much he checked every boxes.

Well, to be fair at the time Lucic was a free agent he still had a lot to offer but the way he played the game, he only had a couple good years left. I remember saying I would have loved to have picked up Lucic, but only for 2 years at $4M AAV. I almost choked on my own spit when I saw the contract Chia signed him :laugh:

Reactions: Dertell

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I cannot believe how horrible Lucic is now, mind blown. That was a hard fought win, great team effort. Shore, and to a lesser extent Stewart were decent. I'd scratch Hathaway for Shore at this point.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Janko-Lazar
Stajan-Shore-Brouwer/Stewart
The one thing I didn't like about Shore was that he appears to have a very laboured stride. Which is fine for a centre in the right situation, but I don't know how effective he can be on the wing without any real foot-speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad