GDT: Flames visit Predators. 6pm MT on SNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Big Win!!!!

Could have easily packed it in down 2-0 but great to see them battle back.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Missed most of the first two periods but that's a lot more like the Flames I expected to see this season. Let's keep it going.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yet watching the games does imply that Brett Kulak is like, 20 orders of magnitude better than the alternative and has the ability to swing momentum the correct way.

What did he do the change the momentum? I must have missed it.

Except for a couple times he looked lost running around, he was adequate. No major mistake.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
correct.

Bennett is a better center than Monahan
And so is Jankowski
And so is Backlund.

Monahan is the best goal scorer on the team though. Which has very little to do with what position he plays.
Except all the goals he scores are from the area that the center is responsible for.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Tkachuk is life
That shift was just beautiful. Tkachuk is already an excellent player, but I can't help but think he'd be so damn good if he was a good skater. That's really the only significant flaw I can see with him.

Also hats off to Bennett for looking like the winger we know he can be, and Janko for playing a very heady, effective first game.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Correct. You are watching a box score while I am watching the game.

I can't believe you saw Bennett play today and still believe he's a centre. On the flip side the top line continues to be effective with Monahan centering it, contrary to everything you claim.

What else do you want here.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
correct.

Bennett is a better center than Monahan
And so is Jankowski
And so is Backlund.

Monahan is the best goal scorer on the team though. Which has very little to do with what position he plays.
I think you've got a little bit of anchoring going on, dude. I've been as critical of Monahan's defensive play as anyone, and I would say he's looked much improved in that area this year. Also, Bennett has consistently looked terrible at centre since the beginning of last season, regardless of who his linemates were.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Good Flames win, first period was bad, but the 2nd and 3rd were great. Bennett looked good on the wing, hopefully he never centers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->