GDT: Flames v Jets

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Classic bye week game. No one really exudes confidence in the shootout anymore though. Lost our last 4

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Does anyone know what our shootout record is all time? It just seems like we always suck. Tkachuk should be our first shooter 100% of the time. Then Gaudreau and then one of Bennett, Janko, Monahan. Hell even throw Dougie out there once in awhile. Can't be any worse than what we show.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Would be nice for the Flames to play a solid home game.

Best road team in the league, barely above .500 at home. I'm going to the Kings game on Wednesday so hopefully the Flames show up.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Tkachuk and Monahan both have one move. The book is out on them. It should be Versteeg (when healthy), Gaudreau, coach's choice

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not a great game out of the home side. Smith was good and we got a point. That GI call was pretty weak, and I'm unsure how you call just a penalty on a clear breakaway like Janks had.

Gaudreau looked like he had lead in his skates.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not a great game out of the home side. Smith was good and we got a point. That GI call was pretty weak, and I'm unsure how you call just a penalty on a clear breakaway like Janks had.

Gaudreau looked like he had lead in his skates.

We've seen penalty shots for much less.
Flames didn't help themselves either today with that horrendous PP either.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Bennett was excellent. Smith was excellent. Janko and Tkachuk were solid.

Backlund line misses notBrouwer.
Gaudreau/Ferland line could have used a third player tonight like they had in the 'Canes game. Little line was eating them apart.
Stajan line was terrible aside from Mangiapane.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Ehlers played unreal. We are lucky we have a goaltender again, that point was all Smith.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
With an OT loss, to reach the 96pt playoff cutoff the Flames have to go at least 21-16 down the stretch. Doable imo

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
We've seen penalty shots for much less.
Flames didn't help themselves either today with that horrendous PP either.

I really don't like Gaudreau on the left half boards. Giving me Iginla flashbacks, and not the good kind. Basically no chance of a one timer, and there's just not a lot of options for him there other than back to the point or try to get it through two defenders. I think he'd be much more effective closer to the goal line, where his hands and vision might actually be utilized.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Oh well. It was a nice run. We got some much needed points and that's what's important.

F3fxsW8.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
With an OT loss, to reach the 96pt playoff cutoff the Flames have to go at least 21-16 down the stretch. Doable imo

That's more or less .500 hockey with a few two wins in a row in there.
Flames should try aiming for the top 2 spots in their conference. That all being said, there are no easy outs in the West this year.

Reactions: Cyrano

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett was excellent. Smith was excellent. Janko and Tkachuk were solid.

Backlund line misses notBrouwer.
Gaudreau/Ferland line could have used a third player tonight like they had in the 'Canes game. Little line was eating them apart.
Stajan line was terrible aside from Mangiapane.

Yeah Bennett was good but as usual produces nothing. God saves us if we ever depend on him for scoring.

First line thought they are still on the break...the whole line, not just Monahan but I guess he is your favoritte

Smith got the Flames a point.

Nothing new really, GG needs to throw the stick again

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I didn't know Monahan was playing in this game until that shootout

-41% CF% Rel
He got eaten alive tonight.

It's games like this I really wonder about GG. Jankowski/Bennett are buzzing. The first line's being manhandled... why not try switching up the lines to get some match-ups? Or using the hot hand to pull people into the fire.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That's more or less .500 hockey with a few two wins in a row in there.
Flames should try aiming for the top 2 spots in their conference. That all being said, there are no easy outs in the West this year.

The Pacific is pathetic...

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Brodie-Hamonic does not work

It's been half a season and they still are bad together as they were at the start

Change it up because that pairing and Monahan are the weak link on this team and will be the reasons the Flames fail to go deep this year

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Change it up because that pairing and Monahan are the weak link on this team and will be the reasons the Flames fail to go deep this year

I agreed in a sense that if he doesnt score, they are f***ed....but without him, they'll be contending for Dahlin except without the pick

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

It's been half a season and they still are bad together as they were at the start

Brodie-Hammer are a big contribution to our winning streak. They've been excellent over the past 20-30 games now.

Reactions: Janks

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary

Huh? They were working last game just fine.

Not sure why some people harp on players for no reason.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
When did the Flames start the after-the-whistle goonery?

If you still have the game on your PVR, skip through it and watch what happens when the play is whistled down at the net. I counted 17 times that a Jet was standing at the crease, having never touched the goalie, and after the whistle a Flame hit him in the face or chest. What's with that?

Granted, I haven't seen a Flames' game in a few months, but I remember that they used to show some class. Go back and look at the game again. Add in the grab-the-head-from-behind scrums and you'll be left wondering what happened to such a neat team.

Reactions: Rubixpube

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
When did the Flames start the after-the-whistle goonery?

If you still have the game on your PVR, skip through it and watch what happens when the play is whistled down at the net. I counted 17 times that a Jet was standing at the crease, having never touched the goalie, and after the whistle a Flame hit him in the face or chest. What's with that?

Granted, I haven't seen a Flames' game in a few months, but I remember that they used to show some class. Go back and look at the game again. Add in the grab-the-head-from-behind scrums and you'll be left wondering what happened to such a neat team.

Scrums in hockey with an opposing player in the crease... who woulda thunk it...

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I feared that this game could be a slump-inducer. Ugh. It so looked like something that starts something very dark and bad. I sure hope not. I can't handle another December.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think lack of sharpness was about all we can take of this one. Flames had a clear 3 on 1 in OT and didn't generate a shot attempt, for instance.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->