GDT: Flames v. Blues - "Anothr Ploff Gmae" April 2 @ 6 PM

bWo*

I hate having school on tuesday and Thursday night, forced to miss the games :cry:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hey guys, what did I miss? :(

Raymond is fine, but he's not what we need. We already have Hudler and Gaudreau as skilled wingers, and they're both superior in every aspect of hockey over Mason. Raymond is fast, but he's a streaky scorer, when he's not scoring he doesn't contribute much. He's an average playmaker, he doesn't check anything, his 2-way game is average, the play dies on his stick often. He has moments where he skates around with the puck like Comeau, but then he just turns it over because all he's doing is using his speed with no purpose. I'm not just saying this, but I think I preferred Setoguchi. While he didn't score, he was often involved in the play, hitting, forechecking, driving to the net. Raymond has some stretches where he attacks, but then he goes invisible for 3-4 games at a time. I'd rather get a winger capable of 30 points on our 3rd line but creates havoc for our opposition at every other aspect of the game.

Raymond is a useful guy in the right scenario, but he's just a poor fit on this team IMO and a large reason I think we're to soft.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

Raymond is fine, but he's not what we need. We already have Hudler and Gaudreau as skilled wingers, and they're both superior in every aspect of hockey over Mason. Raymond is fast, but he's a streaky scorer, when he's not scoring he doesn't contribute much. He's an average playmaker, he doesn't check anything, his 2-way game is average, the play dies on his stick often. He has moments where he skates around with the puck like Comeau, but then he just turns it over because all he's doing is using his speed with no purpose. I'm not just saying this, but I think I preferred Setoguchi. While he didn't score, he was often involved in the play, hitting, forechecking, driving to the net. Raymond has some stretches where he attacks, but then he goes invisible for 3-4 games at a time. I'd rather get a winger capable of 30 points on our 3rd line but creates havoc for our opposition at every other aspect of the game.

Raymond is a useful guy in the right scenario, but he's just a poor fit on this team IMO and a large reason I think we're to soft.

Not a fan of Raymond. He'll be beaten out of his spot next year if he keeps this up. Treliving won't hesitate to move him either imo.

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
Except Ferland hasn't shown the toughness at the NHL level.

Is Ferland particularly tough in the AHL? I get that he's big, but the game in Detroit where a smaller Red Wing was able to keep him off the puck with one arm kid of suggests he's not strong enough to be all the physical in the NHL.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

I still think Reinhart or Agostino would be a better fit here than Raymond.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is Ferland particularly tough in the AHL? I get that he's big, but the game in Detroit where a smaller Red Wing was able to keep him off the puck with one arm kid of suggests he's not strong enough to be all the physical in the NHL.
He's shown flashes in the AHL, but not consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad