Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Sounds like a Gully third pair.

giphy.gif

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I think the Flames have finally realized winning is important in the AHL too. I think this really solidifies their blueline in the AHL, adding more physicality and toughness. Also it appears Golobeuf hasn't played since the 22nd, so it could be in relation to his injury.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hate to be this guy, but this move does allow them to call up Parsons or McDonald. It also gives them depth if they trade a prospect from the Heat.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Janks

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Dominoes!1!!

McKenzie had speculated at the beginning of the season the Flames were looking to bolster their defensive depth. But would rather have Prout up than Bartkowski.

Prout shoots right. So clearly this means goodbye Andersson or Fox.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think the Flames have finally realized winning is important in the AHL too. I think this really solidifies their blueline in the AHL, adding more physicality and toughness. Also it appears Golobeuf hasn't played since the 22nd, so it could be in relation to his injury.

Golobeuf is playing in the Spengler Cup isn't he?

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
How was he doing in Stockton?
Last I checked he had around a 2.5 GAA and a .910ish Sv%, so not bad. Just not lighting the league on fire. He dropped after last nights game.

Haven’t had much chance to watch any Heat games unfortunately this year though.

Edit: MM beat me to it.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
I think Bartkowski is probably the better player but Prout is intriguing. from what I saw of him in NJ he is pretty ‘truculent’. Don’t expect him to do anything on the scoresheet though. I’d compare him to Engelland actually. Engelland is better though.

As long as Prout doesn’t implode as soon as he steps on the ice like Bartkowski does, we’re good

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015

Goloubef hasn't played because he's at the Spengler Cup, he'll probably be at the Olympics as well, so Prout can replace him for those times

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Dominoes!1!!

McKenzie had speculated at the beginning of the season the Flames were looking to bolster their defensive depth. But would rather have Prout up than Bartkowski.

Prout shoots right. So clearly this means goodbye Andersson or Fox.
The Heat just lost Golobeuf to team Canada and lack RHD on the farm. I think you are making too much of an AHL swap that I would suggest is pretty clearly for defensive depth on a Championship caliber AHL team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Heat just lost Golobeuf to team Canada and lack RHD on the farm. I think you are making too much of an AHL swap that I would suggest is pretty clearly for defensive depth on a Championship caliber AHL team.

I think his sarcasm just went about 100 feet over your head.

Reactions: Calculon

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Last I checked he had around a 2.5 GAA and a .910ish Sv%, so not bad. Just not lighting the league on fire. He dropped after last nights game.

Haven’t had much chance to watch any Heat games unfortunately this year though.

Edit: MM beat me to it.
Judging by the numbers you listed, I'm guessing you last looked around his 2nd start. Prior to last night he was around 2.20 with a .926 He 3rd and 4th starts were pretty solid.

Reactions: Janks

The Rainman

May 7, 2007
Vancouver
I think Bartkowski is probably the better player but Prout is intriguing. from what I saw of him in NJ he is pretty ‘truculent’. Don’t expect him to do anything on the scoresheet though. I’d compare him to Engelland actually. Engelland is better though.
Forget truculent. He's one tough mother!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->