Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Nordstrom (1 year, 700K)

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I'm intrigued. There is a photo of Markstrom, Nordstrom, and Lindholm all fishing together, seems to have been prophetic.

r1aqVkHl.png
Who took that picture? Kipper?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The more I read about this guy, is he kinda like a Hathaway type of player?

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Really good signing based on Bruins fans comments. At 700K for one year, no risk / good reward at best, no risk / no reward at worst

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
It's nice to see the organization has a good reputation around the league. They really seem to treat their guys well.

Contrast that with the guys up north who have McDavid and Draisaitl and still struggle with their perception around the league

Looking at that picture above, Nordstrom is probably a guy who likes Alberta more than LA or New York.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Looking at that picture above, Nordstrom is probably a guy who likes Alberta more than LA or New York.

How better to land a big fish in UFA than by using his fishing buddy?

Adding another decent sized fish in UFA is just a nice extra bonus.

EDIT: Forgot to address your actual comment, but yes. Alberta and nearby areas are fantastic for fishing vs the big cities of LA and NY. Vancouver is also great for deep sea fishing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kahvi

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
That’s good enough for me. With Janko and Reider gone than hurts the PK more than anything.

From what it seems like (I haven't watched him myself), there seems to be some agreement from others who have watched him that he's kinda like a Hathaway type. At least in the same vein. Hard working, physical and fast enough, chip in a few points and defensively responsible type of lunch box type dude.

If he is as described, he is on par to Janko and Reider on the PK if not an upgrade on them from last season due to more dimensions in his game.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad