Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Nicklas Grossmann to PTO

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
More people at camp,
Can't see ol' Niki making the team at all.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Grossman really isn't all that bad guys. He's got good size at 6'4, he's not the best skater and really has no offensive ability, but he's a good defender like Engelland and adds some size the lineup. The thing is, what is going on with Smid? I don't know if I see place for him but honestly don't be surprised if he steals a spot at camp.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I usually don't care about PTO, but this is usually one of those guys who end up on the team.

And that's frightening to think about.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I usually don't care about PTO, but this is usually one of those guys who end up on the team.

And that's frightening to think about.

I don't really want him on the team, but he was a regular on a good Coyotes blueline just last year. In his younger years, he was quite good in Dallas and played top 4 minutes for the Flyers. Like I said, he's basically another Engelland, but somewhat slower. He fits the "harder to play against".

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Veteran for preseason games. If he gets a contract that means none of the kids stepped up on defense. My gut tells me that Russell signs here too sadly.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Grossman really isn't all that bad guys. He's got good size at 6'4, he's not the best skater and really has no offensive ability, but he's a good defender like Engelland and adds some size the lineup. The thing is, what is going on with Smid? I don't know if I see place for him but honestly don't be surprised if he steals a spot at camp.

If we didn't have Engelland, I wouldn't mind if he had just been outright signed. However, I think the Flames have enough #5/6 guys. No harm in him getting a PTO, and if he earns a spot, awesome. I just don't expect much.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
He may not want to sign with the Flames with the logjam they have. He probably wants a better chance at a roster spot.

true, but there´s no way how he can escape from the widespread love for him in Calgary and social media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad