JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
DFSUyVKUwAEbK7M.jpg:medium

Gonna be a good one

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
LOVE is prominently featured twice in the background. Is there something we need to know?

Is his family Beatles fans?

Juuso I expected.

Wouldn't it be more grammatically correct to write, "Juuso you know, it was what I expected." :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
LOVE is prominently featured twice in the background. Is there something we need to know?

Is his family Beatles fans?

Wouldn't it be more grammatically correct to write, "Juuso you know, it was what I expected." :sarcasm:

That he lives with his mom?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Burning two ELC years and waiver years for a #6D wouldn't be a good idea. If he makes the team within the next two years he needs to outplay Brodie or Gio in the top 4.

I wasn't being really serious. It's not impossible but highly unlikely. Although I think next season he's on the team.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I wasn't being really serious. It's not impossible but highly unlikely. Although I think next season he's on the team.

I think he probably could be a #6 within the next two years but like I said, the financial reasons mean he would really have to be a top 4 for them to give him a tenth NHL game. 2019-20 will be real interesting though... last year of Brodie's deal, 22 year old Kylington, 21 year old Valimaki, aging Giordano...

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Why would they do this if they're bent on playing in the WHL again?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
As long as he doesn't play more than 10 games, his ELC can slide for 2 years as per Treliving. This kid is the real deal, he's a Ekholm/Hedman, has no huge holes and has a great attitude. I could easily see him being the 2nd best Dman from this draft.

OKG, I'll be interested to see what they do as well. It's likely someone is dealt for a forward. I also think by next season, Andersson might cause Stone to be traded.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I feel like he's hands down the best Dman we've drafted since Dion. Everyone should be very excited about him, the only thing he lacks is a big physical game but he does play a little feisty. It's crazy to think he said he wants to work on his skating, as it's already excellent. He just needs a little more work in his own end, needs a little more muscle and he's ready.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I feel like he's hands down the best Dman we've drafted since Dion. Everyone should be very excited about him, the only thing he lacks is a big physical game but he does play a little feisty. It's crazy to think he said he wants to work on his skating, as it's already excellent. He just needs a little more work in his own end, needs a little more muscle and he's ready.

It wasn't directed at you. I just posted it because of the signing.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
it's been almost a month and I'm still unsure how to feel about him. at least he seems better than most picks after the top 8 or so. I like the fact he seems to have good offense.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
If Valimaki were a month older, he would have been taken in the 2016 draft. Where would he have gone in a hypothetical redraft with him eligible after all those draft+1 years? I'd lean towards second round. Who would his progression in 2016-17 catapulted him ahead of? Probably not:

Chychrun
Sergachev
McAvoy

So where does he rank in the next tier?

Fox
Bean
Juolevi
Klague
Fabbro
Cholowski
Girard

Ad