Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Jagr (1YRx$1M + bonuses) EDIT: Assigned to Kladno (Czech)

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
If this goes down, likely means Janko will be on the farm. But I'd like to see this:
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr
Lazar/Stajan-Jankowski-Brouwer
Lazar/Stajan, F.Hamilton

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Neato

Fair price. Makes the team significantly slower though.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr
Stajan-Jankowski-Lazar/Brouwer
Glass/Brouwer

or more likely,

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr
Lazar-Stajan-Brouwer
Glass/Hamilton

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's a sweetheart deal. Don't be surprised if it carries an NMC. Not being able to be sent down is really important to Jagr, understandably.
Full NMC would not shock me, since he didn't appear to want to be dealt at the deadline either. But hoping more for a NMC w/ limited NTC that would allow him to be traded to at least 10 other teams should the Flames not make the playoffs.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Full NMC would not shock me, since he didn't appear to want to be dealt at the deadline either. But hoping more for a NMC w/ limited NTC that would allow him to be traded to at least 10 other teams should the Flames not make the playoffs.

Agreed. Historically Jagr has been pretty willing to waive to be traded to another club so long as they are competitive so if we end up in that scenario I don't think we would have an issue trading him.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Jagr is done to CAL. $1M+$1M in bonuses. I think it might not be announced until he gets to the city, but there is a commitment.

Per Elliotte

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
Jagr is done to CAL. $1M+$1M in bonuses. I think it might not be announced until he gets to the city, but there is a commitment.

signed!
Glorious day

Aug 3, 2010
In terms of total childhood-fantasyesque wants, if you asked me 25 years ago whether a player like Jagr would *ever* play for Calgary, I would enthusiastically say "yes" knowing it would be a slim-to-none chance. If Treliving gets this done, I will be ecstatic.

The fact that he is still a contributing player and a legend of hockey the likes of which have never played for Calgary is just awe-inspiring. I'm not saying players like Iginla, MacDonald, Fleury, etc., aren't greats in their own right. But Calgary has never had a player of historical calibre as Jagr, one where you could say he is a "top 5 player at his position all-time" or "top 20 player all-time". Calgary hasn't had the benefit of a Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Bourque, Hasek, ever. It's simply not how this team had ever got things done, where they found success in acquiring such a player, let alone building a team around them. But depth has been the bread-and-butter of the Flames' philosophy and it seems fitting that even now, Jagr will be a depth add for the Flames.

I'm buying a jersey ASAP if the announcement is concrete. The only question being whether I should commit a "hockey foul" by putting his name on the back of a retro third or not - I just think it'd look amazing and I still haven't warmed up to the Adidas silks yet.

EDIT: Oh my GOD *fans self wildly*

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
In terms of total childhood-fantasyesque wants, if you asked me 25 years ago whether a player like Jagr would *ever* play for Calgary, I would enthusiastically say "yes" knowing it would be a slim-to-none chance. If Treliving gets this done, I will be ecstatic.

The fact that he is still a contributing player and a legend of hockey the likes of which have never played for Calgary is just awe-inspiring. I'm not saying players like Iginla, MacDonald, Fleury, etc., aren't greats in their own right. But Calgary has never had a player of historical calibre as Jagr, one where you could say he is a "top 5 player at his position all-time" or "top 20 player all-time". Calgary hasn't had the benefit of a Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Bourque, Hasek, ever. It's simply not how this team had ever got things done, where they found success in acquiring such a player, let alone building a team around them. But depth has been the bread-and-butter of the Flames' philosophy and it seems fitting that even now, Jagr will be a depth add for the Flames.

I'm buying a jersey ASAP if the announcement is concrete. The only question being whether I should commit a "hockey foul" by putting his name on the back of a retro third or not - I just think it'd look amazing and I still haven't warmed up to the Adidas silks yet.

EDIT: Oh my GOD *fans self wildly*

Off topic, but damn I thought every Asian hfboards member is my age (Basically 20-26).

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
tumblr_nwhxh4ufll1sohofko1_400.gif

Praise be! Praise be!

Aug 3, 2010
Off topic, but damn I thought every Asian hfboards member is my age (Basically 20-26).
Thanks to Asian genes I still look like I'm in my early thirties but a new coworker's most recent guess was 27. :laugh: I've got a good spattering of silver follicles though.

Thanks, ma (for your everlasting youth)!

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
I believe the Blues' offer to Jagr was similar to what he has signed in Calgary ($1 M base salary plus $1 M in bonuses). He chose the Flames

Right on, Jagr!

Aug 3, 2010
Wonder how much dissent he'll create in the locker room? Adding a lenegdary mullet to the room isn't always easy. Are Backlund and Monahan going to be able to assert flow-dominance or will it create an irreparable schism in the locker room this season? (Title of Francis' next article?)

giphy.gif

Unbelievable.

Reactions: Mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad