GDT: Flames @ Sharks, 8:30 MT, Game Day Nap Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Please don't re-sign Hamonic, or if you do get him at a discount and play him on the third pairing.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Please don't re-sign Hamonic, or if you do get him at a discount and play him on the third pairing.

As much as I dislike Stone, I'd take a below $1 mil Stone every day over a discounted $3mil Hamonic. Even then Hamonic is in his supposed prime and looking for one more big payday so I'm sure someone will overpay him in free agency. Like he sucks, but I am sure he'd get $5 mil a year from someone dumb.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Gaudreau-Monahan-Rinaldo is the answer

Honestly, isn't Rinaldo basically Ferland with a worse shot? He hits, he skates, he creates room. If he worked on his shot just a bit, it'd basically be the Johnny-Mony-Ferland line all over again.

On another note, my boy Ras looking beast tonight. Hanifin looking good when not with Hammer. And Rinaldo really trying to keep a spot (I honestly wouldn't be mad if we re-signed him for another 1 year 800-850k contract, which would be a slight raise from his 700k this year). Rinaldo has actually impressed me when he's in the lineup.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Honestly, isn't Rinaldo basically Ferland with a worse shot? He hits, he skates, he creates room. If he worked on his shot just a bit, it'd basically be the Johnny-Mony-Ferland line all over again.

Wtf? No, he's not. Even if you took his blast of a shot away, Ferland was a skilled player who made nifty passes and protected the puck. He fit perfectly with those two for his actual offensive skill.

Let's not overrate Zach Rinaldo here.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Wtf? No, he's not. Even if you took his blast of a shot away, Ferland was a skilled player who made nifty passes and protected the puck. He fit perfectly with those two for his actual offensive skill.

Rinaldo provides an occasional spark but he is not a regular. Same with Reider. If you look further same with jankowski and lucic.

Ferland on the other hand is a much better player but he tends to disappear in long stretches.....I would say mangipanne and Dube are closer to him in performance, not style at this point. Good players but inconsistent.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Great game. Glad I watched.
Great game by Lucic. Personally I don't think he's as slow as everyone complains he is.
Monahan sure is snakebit. One of these games the floodgates will open.
Buttonhook Johnny.... same old same old. He needs a new act. Totally predictable.
Another awesome goal by Tkachuk.
BSD is back. Calgary's D played better than I expected. I like the Hanifin-Andersson pairing.
Kudos to Reider and Renalto. They stepped up big.
I feel like I'm at the Oscars where there just isn't enough time to thank everyone. I slept well last night. It was nice going to bed happy instead of pissed off.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Great game. Glad I watched.
Great game by Lucic. Personally I don't think he's as slow as everyone complains he is.
Monahan sure is snakebit. One of these games the floodgates will open.
Buttonhook Johnny.... same old same old. He needs a new act. Totally predictable.
Another awesome goal by Tkachuk.
BSD is back. Calgary's D played better than I expected. I like the Hanifin-Andersson pairing.
Kudos to Reider and Renalto. They stepped up big.
I feel like I'm at the Oscars where there just isn't enough time to thank everyone. I slept well last night. It was nice going to bed happy instead of pissed off.

he is, but he had a good game.

Khrox

May 31, 2018

I'd like to think that Rinaldo = Ferland with a worse shot should be obvious sarcasm (that is about a bad a take as Bennett being better than Monahan). It's obviously not something you do more than a couple shifts in a game (or maybe even a whole game if Lindy is centering his own line, because we have no RW depth).

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
All I know is we haven't seen play like this from Lucic since Iginla. He is going to carry us into the playoffs.

It's almost like we have a guardian angel looking over us.

jarome-iginla-and-milan-lucic.PNG

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The HCanes are offering a first for a top 4 d man. I wonder how they'd feel about a slightly used Hamonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad