Proposal: Flames Shake-up

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Mantha is yet to crack 50 points, and is scoring at .5ppg pace this season. He's 26. The value may not be equal, but it's not far off.
Yea I would not move Hanifin if the Flames are smart he looks a lot like Nurse with his skating who gradually got better every season, I think he has more value than Mantha, and with an aging Gio would be a big mistake

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
There’s a lot going on in this proposal, I’m not even gonna front I stopped reading after .2
The fact that u took the time to comment this on a trade proposal board confuses me lol. Also I wish it didn’t have to be so long that’s just how much turnover this roster needs to at least attempt to be a legit playoff team haha

Last edited:

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Yea I would not move Hanifin if the Flames are smart he looks a lot like Nurse with his skating who gradually got better every season, I think he has more value than Mantha, and with an aging Gio would be a big mistake
Ya fair I see the comparison but honestly I think nurse is better. Give nurse a partner like Tanev and shelter him on the 2nd pair w no special teams and he would look unreal and can also PK. Definitely see the comparison tho. Two big guys who can skate so well but can’t shoot for their lives lol. And honestly, obviously the oilers should never do this because they need defense more than anything, but nurse for Mantha is fair value imo. Mantha would be insane w Connor lol could easily put up PPG+. 38 points in 43 games last year on a bottom-2 team is pretty damn impressive. Obviously since U guys need the defensive help way more than offense u wouldn’t consider it, but if ur team had good d already and needed scoring I bet you woulda considered it. At least before this year before nurse seems like he really took a step to the top pair (something I really don’t see for Hanifin having watched him for 2+ years now

Reactions: Connor McConnor

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I seen the posters name and knew Monahan was going out for nothing,half of these trades are lopsided, Danault on Gaudreau's line? Hes literally Backlund 2.0 and he's played what 100 minutes with Gaudreau? This is atrocious for Calgary,not a single trade id do, well maybe the Hanifin one, but that's the closest deal there

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I seen the posters name and knew Monahan was going out for nothing,half of these trades are lopsided, Danault on Gaudreau's line? Hes literally Backlund 2.0 and he's played what 100 minutes with Gaudreau? This is atrocious for Calgary,not a single trade id do, well maybe the Hanifin one, but that's the closest deal there
And you wouldn't give up a 2nd and 3rd for Dunn if we were to move Hanifin?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The fact that u took the time to comment this on a trade proposal board confuses me lol. Also I wish it didn’t have to be so long that’s just how much turnover this roster needs to at least attempt to be a legit playoff team haha
Calgary seemed to be a very promising team coming out of the 2018-19 season but since then the wheels have fallen off.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
To Nashville:
Sean Monahan
Oliver Kylington

To CGY:
Viktor Arvidsson
2021 2nd (NSH)

To DET:
Noah Hanifin

To CGY:
Anthony Mantha

To St. Louis:
2021 2nd (NSH)
2021 3rd (EDM)

To CGY:
Vince Dunn

To COL:
Mikael Backlund
Sam Bennett

To CGY:
2021 1st (COL)
Connor Timmins
JT Compher (cap dump)

Go hard after Danault as a replacement C this summer

Gaudreau-Danault-Arvidsson
Mantha-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Dube-Compher-Mangiapane
Lucic-______-________

Dunn-Rasmus Andersson
Valimaki-Tanev
Gio-Timmins

1. I could see it but off season
2. Flames should keep D for now but if 3 happens than yes from flames POV
3. Seems fair
4. removing backlund only makes sense if Calgary lands Denault. However Denault will cost more so not sure if it is worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad