GDT: Flames @ Senators, 5:30 PM MST. Sportsnet West, Fan 960

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Stajan has been good lately though for his role at least. Hathaway should come out for Shore he's been really bad lately.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Stajan has been good lately though for his role at least. Hathaway should come out for Shore he's been really bad lately.

Yeah not sure why Hathaway has a job. He contributes nothing.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Bennett has matched his point total from last year in 12 less games. After his 15-game pointless streak to start the season, he has produced almost at a 0.5 PPG clip (26 pts in 54 games).

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Goal: Rittich had his bad games but in general he is doing a decent job. Gillies is garbage really.
Defense: occasional brain farts but solid. As good as can be expected.
Offense: Unless Gaudreau, Monahan and Backlund get hot, we are screwed with the important games coming up.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Good to see another game where they get points against teams that they should.

I wasn't able to really watch it but the part I did tune into was a crazy back forth was the game like that all the time?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Good to see another game where they get points against teams that they should.

I wasn't able to really watch it but the part I did tune into was a crazy back forth was the game like that all the time?

No the game was actually super boring pretty much until the Stajan goal, then it got hairy

I'm a little concerned that the Flames played a close to perfect game and still only managed to get two past Condon. Something is lacking and I still can't tell if it's the system or the talent, probably both.

Either way, the Flames control their fate right now. Win the games they're supposed to and they'll be in the race.

Reactions: Baxterman

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
No the game was actually super boring pretty much until the Stajan goal, then it got hairy

I'm a little concerned that the Flames played a close to perfect game and still only managed to get two past Condon. Something is lacking and I still can't tell if it's the system or the talent, probably both.

Either way, the Flames control their fate right now. Win the games they're supposed to and they'll be in the race.

I good news from the last couple of games is we've seen depth scoring, albeit against weaker teams, but it's still a huge positive. That Lazar pass last night was a beauty. It really seems like he's coming around, these are his best games in a flames uniform. Hopefully he can keep progressing. Same with Bennett...If those two can find another gear, we are certainly a much better team going forward.

Hathaway needs to see the pressbox

Gaudreau-Monohan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Janko-Lazar
Stajan-Shore-Brouwer

I really want to see what Shore can bring to the lineup.

Reactions: Dack

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’ve said this lots, get Hathaway in the PB and put Lazar with Janks and Bennett. If anything, the rewards of getting Lazar going would be more than we know we are getting with Hathaway. Lazar is coming around and he should be rewarded. All the coach needs to say “we are going to give you a shot, you need to bring more, so let’s see what you got”.

Last edited:

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
100% agree. Lazar has more upside than Hathaway and I think it’s easy to see that. NHL coaches should easily see it to.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, has anyone been able to figure out what Erik Karlsson was doing on that Stajan goal last night? I watched the highlights and I'm very confused.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
As a Sens fan. I feel for Karlsson. He's still one of the best players in the league, but I no longer consider him top 5 in the world. He's lost a step for sure due to injury. Which is too bad, he used to be unreal to see live. Hopefully he can bounce back next season, but who knows at this point.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I’ve said this lots, get Hathaway in the PB and put Lazar with Janks and Bennett. If anything, the rewards of getting Lazar going would be more than we know we are getting with Hathaway. Lazar is coming around and he should be rewarded. All the coach needs to say “we are going to give you a shot, you need to bring more, so let’s see what you got”.

I prefer Lazar on the Stajan line, they play a more defensive role and Lazar's speed creates rushes we won't get from the 3rd line who Gulutzan contains to the offensive zone.

Hathaway could be upgraded though.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Guys, has anyone been able to figure out what Erik Karlsson was doing on that Stajan goal last night? I watched the highlights and I'm very confused.
In his post game interview Stajan said Johnny was calling for the puck back from Lazar, so Karlsson and the other guy went towards Gaudreau leaving Stajan open.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
As a Sens fan. I feel for Karlsson. He's still one of the best players in the league, but I no longer consider him top 5 in the world. He's lost a step for sure due to injury. Which is too bad, he used to be unreal to see live. Hopefully he can bounce back next season, but who knows at this point.

I'm not a Sens fan, but I definitely like Karlsson's game and I feel bad for the guy. He deserves better.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I prefer Lazar on the Stajan line, they play a more defensive role and Lazar's speed creates rushes we won't get from the 3rd line who Gulutzan contains to the offensive zone.

Hathaway could be upgraded though.

Well I’d play Lazar with Janks and Benny and put Shore in for Lazar on the 4th. Hathaway can just sit for a while. I just want to see if we can get more out of Lazar, we won’t with the minutes he’s getting.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm not a Sens fan, but I definitely like Karlsson's game and I feel bad for the guy. He deserves better.

I think his game is fine, honestly. I just think he doesn’t want to play in Ottawa. In the outdoor game he looked fine and in the Allstar game he looked like a stud. The mistakes he’s making are mental and once he gets moved, I expect to see a reinvigorated Karlsson.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I think playing so much and so hard on that injured foot in the playoff run may have affected how well it ended up healing. I did that when I fractured my foot, got on it heavily for a while, and I screwed it, it will never be the same again.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think his game is fine, honestly. I just think he doesn’t want to play in Ottawa. In the outdoor game he looked fine and in the Allstar game he looked like a stud. The mistakes he’s making are mental and once he gets moved, I expect to see a reinvigorated Karlsson.
I think the loss of his wingman in Methot has hurt him more than anything TBH

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I don't think Hathaway is pressbox fodder. I do believe he is done developing as a player and would serve us better as a fourth line player. Ideally he'd be there with Stajan and Lazar and Shore would be on the third line.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I don't think Hathaway is pressbox fodder. I do believe he is done developing as a player and would serve us better as a fourth line player. Ideally he'd be there with Stajan and Lazar and Shore would be on the third line.

I think he has a bit more to go, but not a huge amount. He's still at least average defensively and at moving the puck up-ice, just has very little offense in his game as of right now. If he can wrap his head around an offensive system like he seems to have done with Gulutzan's positions systems, he could be a a very good bottom six player in a few years, something like what Bennett has been this season. I fully believe he has the brain to score more, just not the skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad