Recalled/Assigned: Flames recall Max Reinhart

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Ryan Pinder ‏@RyanPinder 5m #AHLHeat F Reinhart (recalled by @NHLFlames) has five points (3G-2A) in his last 7 GP. Had just 4 points in first 31 games this season.

Can't wait to see him play.

Max_Reinhart.jpg

Last edited:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
He was the most ready prospect after baertschi really. Management just wanted him to get some experience in the pros first.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Ahem...to a select few people who told me he wouldn't be ready next year.

Here is your crow :sarcasm:

Although I'm not one of them, he still might not be ready next year.. This, for all purposes, could be one of two things:

1. Merit system

2. Evaluation

(or both).

Max is a smart player though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play half the season with the Flames next year..

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
He was the most ready prospect after baertschi really. Management just wanted him to get some experience in the pros first.

I've only watched a few Heat games this year, but looking at his stats, he's horrible defensively. How is he ready for the NHL?

Happy to see him play though!

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Awesome. Will be interesting to see what the can do.

If the Flames were smart, they'd also give Nemsiz and Breen an cup of coffee up in the NHL this season to see what they can do. Both are in the last year of their contracts; the Flames should see what they can offer in the NHL before deciding whether or not to offer them new contracts.

Nevermind about Breen, he's out for the season.

DouglasQuaid

Blabbed about Mars
May 8, 2010
I've only watched a few Heat games this year, but looking at his stats, he's horrible defensively. How is he ready for the NHL?

This is why we don't judge players on stats exclusively. :sarcasm:

I have a feeling we'll see a revolving door of kids coming up for a few games at a time for the rest of the year, some motivation for camp next year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I have a feeling Max may be the type of player that may actually do better in the NHL than in the A.

Pumped to see him up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

There is a reason you repeatedly hear things like:

Do not judge players only on their stats
and......
Plus/Minus is a garbage stat

you hear this because you should not judge players only on their stats and plus/minus is a garbage stat.

Max nearly from day 1 has been playing against other teams top players. From day 1 he has been one of their best penalty killers. Do you know what happens when a player on a low scoring team faces other teams top players? They get a minus rating. This is why people say such cliche things like:

try watching him play

because it's true.

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
How'd he do tonight? I missed the game...

He shows a lot of bottom 6 promise. Against the Canucks, he looked like a hard working kid. His stats are not indicative of his individual level of play (also the score just flattered the Canucks overall that game).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad