Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign Curtis Lazar (2 years, $950k per)

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
If Bennett gets 2.5 or lower and Kulak gets under a million, that should leave juuuuuust enough room to bring in a guy like Vanek or Jagr, if Treliving so chooses.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He should be great next year, ready for him to have a good bounce-back if given a great opportunity to do it.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Great value. I think his hands were tied because of his play last year for Ottawa but he's proven before that he's an NHLer with real potential. I doubt there is a way we lose this signing.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Well, all I heard is that he had opportunities in Ottawa and just didn't capitalize on them. I am hoping he can get goin' here.

He had "chances" in the same way that Bennett got "chances" on the top line. A game or three here and there and then back to the bottom six.

Ottawa rushed him because they were lacking forward depth at the time, and then all of a sudden they had too much forward depth to really do much with him at the NHL level when he wasn't fully ready and couldn't send him down either. It was a cluster****.

He's going to be a good addition to the bottom six in my opinion. We'll see if it's just as a 4th line energy forward or similar to what Chiasson/Ferland did last year.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Really happy with this signing - solid 2 year deal. I really like what we saw in his games (4) this year - hopefully he continues.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Wouldn't hate seeing a Bash Brothers line of:

Tkachuk - Lazar - Ferland
6'2 202 - 6'0 209 - 6'2 208

Be a frustrating line for sure!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad