Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign Brad Treliving

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Yup. King answered a loaded question he should have passed on and it predictably blew up in his face.

I don't like King as much as the next guy, but the moving the team part is just bad example to use against him, especially how it was asked, and the fact he has publicly gone on air to try and clear the air and explain what he actually meant.

I honestly think he meant he would pursue a deal in the best interests of his org and he would not make the final outcomes public/keep it professional to the end. Therefore, he and his org would not unnecessarily dragging other people into the fray.
I also find it extremely odd that people expect a CEO not to be involved. The CEO in any business is always extremely involved.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Well about time. Wasn't really worried but definitely was wondering why it took so long.

Treliving has done a fantastic job IMO. The man doesn't make a move that he hasn't done his homework on, but he's not afraid of a bit of risk. The team's prospect cupboards are much fuller than they were when he came on, and even if I don't really see as many blue chippers as some around here it's good to have as many coals in the fire as possible. Contract negotiations have been stellar as well, although his FA signings have been pretty whatever for the most part, but that's nothing new as a Flames fan :laugh:.

The biggest change I've seen since his hiring is the culture of this team. Often felt with the previous regimes the Flames didn't have enough internal competition for ice time, salary allocation, etc, and as a result the teams would under perform for long portions of the season. The Flames would just spend to the cap year after year thinking that's their way to the playoffs. The "Country Club" accusation was thrown around quite often and for good reason. Treliving has brought steady leadership, a work ethic, and professionalism to an organization that really had lacked in those things since Darryl left. Glad he's back and gets to continue building on what he has so far.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The biggest change I've seen since his hiring is the culture of this team. Often felt with the previous regimes the Flames didn't have enough internal competition for ice time, salary allocation, etc, and as a result the teams would under perform for long portions of the season. .

I dont know. I thought the competition for spot on the team/ice time is still awful this year. We were pretty stuck with the same team the whole year and went on prolong losing/winning steak with the same group of guys. Lots of undeserving icetime.

Anyway, great opportunity coming up for BT to show what he is made of with the expansion draft positioning/trading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->