Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign Brad Treliving

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
http://www.tsn.ca/flames-sign-gm-treliving-to-extension-1.739980

The Calgary Flames have signed general manager Brad Treliving to a multi-year contract extension.

“We are striving to create a level of continuity and stability, as all successful teams do,†said Flames President of Hockey Operations Brian Burke. “Today’s announcement is another step forward for our organization on that path. Under Brad’s leadership, we have seen progress over the past three seasons and look forward to building on that growth in the coming years.â€

I for one welcome back our wizard overlord.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
tenor.gif

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
About god damn time
anchorman-yes-jumping.gif

Hopefully it was for four or more years

edit:
Odd they won't just say how long it's for

Edit2:

Interesting timing...

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Happy he resigned, I think everyone knew he was going to come back. Just happy they got it done.

Hoping Conny stays in town, such a likeable guy to be AGM. I hope if Conny leaves they bring Murray in from Buffalo :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's new news that he had the interview, it's old news that they gave permission to interview him.
well after permission was granted it was kind of a foregone conclusion, this is as much news as the sun rising this morning was news and has nothing to do with Treliving in the slightest

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I feel like we may be caring a little bit too much about Craig Conroy. We don't even know what he really does in his job. All we see is how good or bad he is at interviews.

Realistically, a good Assistant GM is a short-term arrangement. If you're good, you won't remain an assistant. If you remain an assistant, you probably aren't good enough.

I also think it's coincidental timing, for what it's worth. I mean, for one thing, the interview would have needed to have been arranged before yesterday. It's not like they'd call up Craig and ask him to come in later that same day. For another thing, I really think the delay on Treliving's signing was about term and dollar. I think it was a negotiation.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
this is old news and not really interesting timing in the slightest

This was the first I've heard about him being interviewed. There were reports of Conroy being considered, but nothing was official.

IF Conroy gets the job, I wonder if Maloney might be made assistant here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This was the first I've heard about him being interviewed. There were reports of Conroy being considered, but nothing was official.

IF Conroy gets the job, I wonder if Maloney might be made assistant here.
2 days ago Friedman tweeted that Conroy was granted permission to interview or the vacant GM position in Buffalo

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And this, realistically, would represent the moment Conroy went to pursue that position. Not the interview itself.
My point is once permission is granted to interview, the interview happening isn't exactly breaking news. Plus as I also said, it has nothing to do with Treliving and the timing of him signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad