GDT: FLAMES @ JETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's the one thing I don't get about NHL reffing. The ref was looking right at Morrissey and Hathaway when Morrissey cross-checks Hathaway right in the base of the spine, specifically targetting where there is no padding. Why not call that? Is that something they want in the game?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
crClrO9.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Two clear breakaways. 16 shots. Deflections. Shots with traffic. Gulutzan keeping them from scoring, though.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Two clear breakaways. 16 shots. Deflections. Shots with traffic. Gulutzan keeping them from scoring, though.

I mean, our power play still has no where near the effectiveness of one that uses cross-ice passes and off-wing shots, and our offense has a big hole in the high slot area. There are systemic issues with our offense.

That said the fact the Jets scored is the Curse of The Spulll all work.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The team is shooting sub 5% since late February. No team is that bad at finishing luck is a bigger factor than some think.

On things like breakaways and clear-cut shooting opportunities, scoring is something that the players can actually control. Luck didn't stop Frolik or Gaudreau from scoring. I think the players should be scoring more than they have been. But I don't like to call it luck when it's things they can control.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
On things like breakaways and clear-cut shooting opportunities, scoring is something that the players can actually control. Luck didn't stop Frolik or Gaudreau from scoring. I think the players should be scoring more than they have been. But I don't like to call it luck when it's things they can control.

TBQH we were unlucky that it was Gaudreau and Frolik on those breakaways, they pretty much suck at them. Had that been Ferland, Jankowski, or Backlund we probably score on the breakaway.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Before this year Gaudreau was fairly good on breakaways. This year he's been so bad it gives me Byron flashbacks. I think he'll eventually break through and start scoring on them at an average rate again.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The team is shooting sub 5% since late February. No team is that bad at finishing luck is a bigger factor than some think.

Holy shit really :laugh::laugh::laugh:?
I felt I did see a lot of scoring chances this year. This was me all year
200w.webp

Luck would imply the Flames deserved better, which maybe they did. You just can't lose critical games, often in a real uninspired manner. Had some serious doubts after the Smith injury and the TDL.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Huh. By NHL rules, I'm pretty sure that should've been a tripping penalty on Laine. Didn't they amend the rule that it doesn't matter if you get the puck if you trip someone with a dive-poke?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Every f***ing visual clue indicates that it was Foo's goal. Rick be like "I think that hit Adam Lowry!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad