GDT: Flames @ Islanders (5pm on Sportsnet)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Chucky with a monster performance. The dudes going to be a near PPG player for us by next year.

Benny and Hammer were great tonight. Happy to see the third line wake up again.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I want nothing more than Smith to be okay, as he has been amazing for us.

......but I’m not worried if he’s gone for an extended period. I truly think Rittich is going to be the goalie of the future for the Flames.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Mike Stone takes so many penalties
Are you kidding me? The guy has 20 PIMs, the only regular defensemen with fewer are Kulak who has 1 less in 11 fewer games and Brodie who has 4 less. That was literally Stone's first penalty in 9 games.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Couple of personal notes:

1. Hamonic played great. I am still very impressed by what he does off the ice. Amazing.

2. Chucky continues to perform like he has all season. Talk about playing with fun out there. Kid is skilled, regardless what the haters say.

3. Lomberg deserves some credit. Stood up to that big f***er since Hathaway didn't.

4. Smith I think will be out at least 2-3 weeks. Rittich can come in and shine.

I think playing 2 tough teams and if the Flames pull off 2 solid games, it can really spark the run for rest of season and motivate the team.

Last edited:

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
What a great win for this group, the outcome was fully deserved. Tkachuk is an absolute beauty and will only get better. The only thing though is that Frolik should've made sure to get the empty-netter which would've prevented the quick counterattack that led to Smith's injury. He's been rusty since the injury and hopefully he can build off a decent performance today.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Another gold nugget from oilers ARound the league... just in.... oilers play with wayyyyyy more heart than the Flames.

Hahahahahahaha hahahaha.

Yeah, when I think of that locker room, "heart" is definitely the first word that comes to mind. That team sure wants to win the Rasmus Dahlin sweepstakes

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
What a great win for this group, the outcome was fully deserved. Tkachuk is an absolute beauty and will only get better. The only thing though is that Frolik should've made sure to get the empty-netter which would've prevented the quick counterattack that led to Smith's injury. He's been rusty since the injury and hopefully he can build off a decent performance today.

I know the purpose is to score and put the game away but I thought tkachuk was in a good spot for Frolik to drop it back for the hat trick. Mind you I like him trying to bury if it’s only a one goal lead.

Also I think he broke his stick

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, when I think of that locker room, "heart" is definitely the first word that comes to mind. That team sure wants to win the Rasmus Dahlin sweepstakes

I’d rather they pick 1st than 3rd. I’d rather they have Dahlin than Brady

Reactions: Skobel24

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I’d rather they pick 1st than 3rd. I’d rather they have Dahlin than Brady

Why Dahlin is an amazing talent that likely changes the fortunes of a team, Brady Tkachuk is overrated and ranked that high because of his last name.

If the Oilers get the 3rd pick and choose Tkachuk over Zadina or Svechnikov that is an absolute home run for Flames fans.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah, I'd much rather the oilers get Matthew Tkachuk lite than the next Karlsson

Thankfully Chiarelli's terrific management of the cap means it won't matter

I agree, the Oilers biggest issue still is defence. Dahlin looks to be at worst as good as Hedman is, but will probably be even better. I do not want to see the guys up north have both McDavid and the best dman in the NHL.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Brodie with a very rough 1st period, but he rebounded nicely. Hamonic is starting to truly beast for us and it is great to see him playing so well. And the obvious, Tkachuk is an absolute beauty and we are lucky to have drafted this kid. He's exactly the type of player you win cups with. Nice to see a game where we claw back from a 2-0 deficit, that should give our roster a boost heading into the next game. As for smith, glad to hear it doesn't sound too serious, but TBH, this could be a blessing in disguise, he needs a couple games off and Rittich needs more starts regardless.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Why Dahlin is an amazing talent that likely changes the fortunes of a team, Brady Tkachuk is overrated and ranked that high because of his last name.

If the Oilers get the 3rd pick and choose Tkachuk over Zadina or Svechnikov that is an absolute home run for Flames fans.

People said the same thing about Matthew...

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I just hope they make a late run ala late 00's/early 10's Flames and finish 9th or 10th

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Good game by the boys they controlled most of the play after the 1st imo

Just need that conistency. At least they've grabbed points 15 out of their last 18 games..

26 out of 36 possible points. That's around 117 point variable if it was weighted to a full 82 games

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
People said the same thing about Matthew...
Matthew Tkachuk had amazing numbers throughout his draft and draft-1 seasons but always played with great players.

Brady has one less point than Shane Bowers (who is only two months older and just went in the late first round). I liked him at the WJC but his numbers are really ordinary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad