Vince Dunn - Robert Bortuzzo

Jake Allen
Carter Hutton

---> ---> ---> CFHF's "First Goal of the Game" Game <--- <--- <---

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I feel like this will be a low-scoring game. Flames playing a back-to-back, and will have emphasis on locking it down against a really good Blues team. If the Flames win, it will be through a high-skill breakthrough from Tkachuk or Gaudreau.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Re: Bennett on wings. I think it's more about Jankowski being a very good, complete centre. There's no excuse for throwing him back in Stockton. I think I'll be more convinced about Bennett as a winger if he scores more over time a certain amount of time. We do have the luxury at C to test some of them on the wing and see if they can thrive more. I'm curious about Monahan as a winger, perhaps we could try that too later.

We're due for some good scoring, so 5-3 Blues. Blues scores one late, flames add two goals early in the 3rd.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Re: Bennett on wings. I think it's more about Jankowski being a very good, complete centre. There's no excuse for throwing him back in Stockton. I think I'll be more convinced about Bennett as a winger if he scores more over time a certain amount of time. We do have the luxury at C to test some of them on the wing and see if they can thrive more. I'm curious about Monahan as a winger, perhaps we could try that too later.

We're due for some good scoring, so 5-3 Blues. Blues scores one late, flames add two goals early in the 3rd.

Bennetts first season at wing and second season at center isn't enough to convince you there is a decent chance?

I think Jankowski is definitely a factor, and that we need more time to make a definitive statement for sure.

Until Monahan is unseated by Bennett AND Jankowski at center, he'll stay center.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Bennetts first season at wing and second season at center isn't enough to convince you there is a decent chance?

I think Jankowski is definitely a factor, and that we need more time to make a definitive statement for sure.

Until Monahan is unseated by Bennett AND Jankowski at center, he'll stay center.
Bennett could be underwhelming as both a winger and centre. I don't disagree something had to be done.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm curious about Monahan as a winger, perhaps we could try that too later.

All Monahan has done since coming to the league at Center is have success.

The options to replace him as #1 center are a guy with a career high of 53 points, a player with a total of 63 career points and a player with 2 NHL games.

How does it make any sense to "try Monahan as a winger"?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Gonna likely miss the first. Please post excessive amounts of updates

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I bet half of my vFarm on the Flames, because betting on the Blues would've been a waste of time given the odds.

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
Thought George Canyon was a horrible anthem singer..but this guy is def worse.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That anthem rendition is almost as much of a buzzkill as that time the Leafs picked American Authors' "Best Day of My Life" as their goal song, and started it at the lowest energy point in the song.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That anthem rendition is almost as much of a buzzkill as that time the Leafs picked American Authors' "Best Day of My Life" as their goal song, and started it at the lowest energy point in the song.
#tbt when the Harlem Shake was the Leafs goal song for a few months

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad