GDT: Flames in Detroit: 5:30pm MT on SN

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Reality is in a 82 game season, you're gonna have some stinkers and unfortunately tonight was one of them, now the real challenge is using the next 2 days to move past this and have a good bounce back saturday against Philly.

I'm still very heated regarding the brawl though.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Oh well, time to move on. Last time we had a big altercation, we really took off and didn't look back. Here's hoping history repeats itself.

BRxmym1.gif

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
My guess for suspensions is: Ferly gets a game for throwing punches from the bench, same with AA from the wings, Witclownski gets 10 for coming back on the ice and Tkachuk gets fined for "spearing" witclownski

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
How was Lack in the time he played?

He didn't make enough saves tonight. Simple as that.

Goal 1 - unlucky bounce. Hamonic was god-knows-where, Jankowski got a bit cute near his blue, 2-on-1, Brodie played the pass but it bounced off him.
Goal 2 - Nyquist snipe glove side in the slot. It'd have been a great save but he didn't make a save.
Goal 3 - Made a good first save. I'd have liked to see him make the second one on the rebound mid-air. Or control the rebound first.
Goal 4 -Larkin snipes on him, but he was down way too early.
Goal 5 - Redirect over top his shoulder. He should still want it back. If that were Ortio, certain guys here would be making up stories about him "flinching" and therefore not being an NHLer

Except Joni Ortio would probably have pitched a shutout tonight. Smith definitely would have. That game was lost due to goaltending being markedly below average. Was it Hiller / 2nd Half Johnson / Playoffs Elliott level terrible? No, but it was just bad enough to snowball into a loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
My guess for suspensions is: Ferly gets a game for throwing punches from the bench, same with AA from the wings, Witclownski gets 10 for coming back on the ice and Tkachuk gets fined for "spearing" witclownski
They might give chucky one for punching the goon when he had stepped off a second time too, but I hope not.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I like Gully calling out the refs with his comments about the "spear".

lol'd when he said something like "I guess I just don't understand the game for the past 25 years" in regards to what a spear is. You and me both.

This is my theory: the refs called it a 5 minute major because Tkachuk instigated with someone who was off the ice and wanted to stop the game from getting out of control.

Reality: the game got out of control because you didn't do your job earlier; there is a massive brawl which is being started because the goon who got "speared" got "speared" because he was f***ing ragdolling a defenseless player when said player was on the ice WITH NO HELMET WITH HIS HEAD AN INCH FROM THE ICE, YOU INCOMPETENT f***WADS. Then things escalated further because Howard was throwing punches to 3 different players and the refs are sitting their with the thumbs up their ass while Hamonic is getting full mount punched in the Detroit bench and both benches throwing punches to players on the ice.

And at most Tkachuk gets a 2 minute unsportsmanlike penalty. Calling a 5 minute spearing call for a love tap is not going to help you dillweeds get control of the game, players will just pissed (like Backs got a penalty for) and it won't help things. Calling stupidity does not help your case you stupid idiots.

"I know how to get the game in control, I'll be completely stupid".

Holy f*** was that hard to watch in regards to sensibility. Just pure and utter stupidity from the NHL officiating crew (and I mean linesmen here to because they are the ones who are supposed the break up stuff and keep players safe, AKA GET THE f***ING GOON OFF THE ICE YOU f***ING DIMWITS). Tkachuk shouldn't be able to skate half the ice to "spear" a guy going off the ice you f***ing clowns.

I like a good line brawl, the one in Vancouver years ago was brilliant (even though it had pure cowardice from Kevin "I only fight guys I can beat" Bieksa"), but this was aggravating for all the wrong reasons.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
From the best game of the season to easily the worst.

How did Gillies look? I stopped watching after Lack got pulled

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The way I saw it? When it was 5-1 For Detroit I thought the score should've looked closer to 2-1 or 3-1 For them. Basically, outside of Brodie, the play was quite close and frankly we didn't look that bad.

I'm not an authority on Brodie, but that's the worst I've ever seen him play. Just terrible, frankly.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
From the best game of the season to easily the worst.

How did Gillies look? I stopped watching after Lack got pulled

Goal 6 - Short side on him from the strong side. Save you have to make every time
Made one good save somewhere around the early third in tight that looked like it was about to be a goal.
Goal 7 - Five hole on him from the strong side with time. Save you have to make every time.
Goal 8 - honestly I don't even remember. Game was a ****-show around this point. I think he may have got down too early though.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I can live with crappy refs, i can stomach being blown out on the scoresheet but being btchslapped by freakin detroit thats brutal.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Johnny was good.

Everyone else was bad.

Brodie - Hamonic and Lack were atrocious.

Agreed that Johnny was great. Probably had 4 shots in the first at least. 6-8 shots on the game without looking. Was trying to score or set up a goal with 30 seconds left.

Also agree about Brodie-Hamonic though I noticed TJ a lot more. Play after play died on his stick or was broken up with him needing to have made a play, not to mention his giveaways and goal on our net. To me it looks like the skills are there still, but he plays rattled or something. Just all over the place and making dumb mistakes regularly.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
People bagging on Brodie for this one are not watching hockey right

1st goal against, Janko makes a soft play at the offensive blue line, Brodie forces (a very fast) Athanasiou to the outside and blocks the pass and the shot and ges unlucky.

2nd goal, Brodie loses the first battle and then Hamonic loses the battle right after. Hamonic absolutely should have won that battle but he was lazy and not hard on his stick

3rd goal Backlund takes a lazy ass penalty

4th goal Versteeg gets shot and Brodie defends it pretty well but got outskilled by a good player

5th goal another bad Backlund penalty

6th goal Hamonic caught napping by Abdelkader of all people

You can blame one goal on Brodie and even on that one Hamonic made the bigger mistake

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad