GDT: Flames host Blues: 7pm MT on SNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Deserving win for the Flames! Outplayed the Blues most of the game. The depth scoring was much needed. Great to see, and hope it continues!

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Stone has played acceptably with Kulak. Really, a huge step up from earlier and last year.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Can't see him passing Kucherov and Stamkos. Maybe if Gaudreau got to play with Ferland and Jankowski or Bennett.

He would get half the points if playing with Bennett. Bennett cant finish like Monahan and doubt if he can generate offense.

Jankowski looks like a nice player but this is his first f***ing multiple point game.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That was a fun game to go to. Terrific game offensively, really did well getting pucks on Allen against a tight checking Blues team. Defensively a lot to clean up, the Brodie - Stone pairing was our best.

Bennett looked really good, so hyped he scored. Please be ok Mike Smith

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
One of the best games I've ever been to. A Janko masterclass and Bennett busting his slump :) highlighting our secondary scoring. It's also amazing how the building just came alive every time Jagr touched the puck.

No idea how the Blues frauded their way to 4 goals. They looked thoroughly unimpressive just like last game against us.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Oilers fans haven't stopped crying about not getting teams on the back end of Alberta road trips, so have at it. Good luck against a sour Blues team.

Last edited:
Reactions: TychoFan

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
the Brodie - Stone pairing was our best.

They've got a passer-shooter dynamic to them that works really well. If only we could swap Stone+Hamonic for one elite shooting defenseman to pair with Brodie. Like imagine a Brodie-Subban pairing. It'd be just like Giordano-Brodie used to be, except we'd still have Giordano-Hamilton.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We just had what 3 days off? Why would they go to the backup to give Smith a day off when it isn't needed? It has nothing to do with trust and everything to do with the schedule. So far this year it would only make sense to start Lack in 2 games (each of our back to back situations) and the first was followed by a 4 day break. Lack will see a game on the upcoming road trip. The point of having a legitimate starter is to have someone you can run out there almost every day. I'm all for using a backup, but it literally makes zero sense to do it today.

Derek Wills brought up a really good point, he said and speculated the Flames might start Smith the 2 previous games (which they did), then start Lack against St. Louis. His reasoning, top opposing teams will take their foot off the gas a lot of times when facing a backup and the team in front of the backup goalie usually does their best to protect their backup, as was display during the 2nd period tonight. By doing this you can catch top teams off guard. And yes, the Flames just had a 4 day break, but Lack needs to play. We’re already seeing signs that Smith shouldn’t be playing every night and Lack needs to get some reps in.

I actually thought Lack played well tonight and I was quite happy with his performance which really put me at ease with him in net.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’m so happy for both of Bennett and Janks. This win and game will do a ton for their confidence going forward. And as others have stated, if we get this 3rd line going, we could be an elite team.

We already have one of the top lines in the NHL, we have one of the best 2-way, 2nd possession lines in the NHL, and if we can get this 3rd line going with the defence we have, watch out.

Bennett played very good. He made some excellent plays with the puck, was physical and he also made some tremendous defensive plays tonight and the crowd was letting him know they appreciated his efforts.

On another note, Tkachuk is our best all around player IMO. My God seeing him live tonight was something else. The kid is just unbelievable and does everything at both ends exactly right. I cannot believe we got him.

Lastly, Taresenko, Schwartz and Schenn is such a dirty line. Wow.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I fell asleep during the second intermission. I think there was chloroform in that teriyaki.

Sad that I didn't get to see us light it up but thrilled that we won so decisively. Really don't think Lack can be trusted though considering he gave up two separate third period leads. Call Rittich up.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I didn't like the first goal Lack gave up very much. He didn't really stand tall after coming in but the Blues hardly even tested him. He's probably one of the most average backups in the league

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I fell asleep during the second intermission. I think there was chloroform in that teriyaki.

Sad that I didn't get to see us light it up but thrilled that we won so decisively. Really don't think Lack can be trusted though considering he gave up two separate third period leads. Call Rittich up.
So you didn't watch it and are judging him based on things you never saw. Makes perfect sense. :help:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
So you didn't watch it and are judging him based on things you never saw. Makes perfect sense. :help:

I'm saying that I don't trust a goalie who gives up two separate third period leads to keep us in games. You don't have to watch the game to know that shouldn't happen.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

One goal was a screened deflection off a Flames forward's stick shaft. The other goal was a Vladimir Tarasenko wrister on a 2v1 rush after Hamilton coughed up the puck near the Red Line. Lack also made some huge saves to keep the game at a tie.

I would argue both goal Smith gave up tonight were more dubious.

But yes call Rittich up. Is they call up Jon Gillies I will lose hope in common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad