GDT: Flames host Blues: 7pm MT on SNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
One of the games early in the year that can define a season. The Flames need a point in this one.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Doesn't seem fair that they aren't playing back to back. All our games should be back to backs for the other team.

Reactions: Sk8M8

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
OuAZrOu.gif

Reactions: Sk8M8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Hopefully we can limit the Blues first line to only 1 goal, ideally o, but Schwartz is too hot right now and Tank is too good. Stastny is also a Flame killer so i'd be nice to shut him down.

Flames will really need to play hard for most of the game if they want a chance at winning. None of this "play 20 minutes of the game" non-sense.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Honestly, the Blues didn't impress me at all in their win against us. If they bring forth another effort like that, the Flames should be able to win. But they still have to stay disciplined and can't rest on their laurels like they did in St. Louis after the 1st period

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Smith is starting AGAIN! Yeah I’m gonna say the Flames don’t really trust Lack. They want to pick up points in all of these games because of how close the standings are and Lack isn’t getting a sniff.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Smith is starting AGAIN! Yeah I’m gonna say the Flames don’t really trust Lack. They want to pick up points in all of these games because of how close the standings are and Lack isn’t getting a sniff.

Sure would be cool if we had a guy, or possibly even two guys in the minors who could easily replace Lack

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That is worrisome. Our season won't end well if Smith is starting 65+ games

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We just had what 3 days off? Why would they go to the backup to give Smith a day off when it isn't needed? It has nothing to do with trust and everything to do with the schedule. So far this year it would only make sense to start Lack in 2 games (each of our back to back situations) and the first was followed by a 4 day break. Lack will see a game on the upcoming road trip. The point of having a legitimate starter is to have someone you can run out there almost every day. I'm all for using a backup, but it literally makes zero sense to do it today.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

The starting goalie starting after a long break doesn't tell you anything. Save this post for if Smith gets both starts in a back-to-back.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Smith's already gotten both starts in a back-to-back earlier their season if I'm not mistaken.

While the current situation is a change of pace from previous years of 1A & 1B, so Smith should be playing a lot, they probably still are overplaying Smith. At 35, can he really play 65+ games in a season and still be effective?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Smith's already gotten both starts in a back-to-back earlier their season if I'm not mistaken.
Those back to backs were also followed by a 4 day break. Letting your starter get cold is not something NHL clubs like to do.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Flames also just had 3 days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad