Proposal: Flames / Flyers

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We aren't moving Patrick and Konecny. We DAMN sure aren't moving Couturier. As great as Gaudreau is, any trade that provides Calgary enough value to move him would make the Flyers worse, and any trade we could justify, Calgary would reject out of hand.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Konecny (21yo) last 45 games he has 37 points, with 20 goals. (36 goal, 68pt pace).

Patrick (19yo) Since 1/31, in 32 games Nolan has: 10 goals, 21 points. (26 goals, 54 pt pace).

Trading both for Gaudreau would be an incredible risk for the Flyers.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Konecny (21yo) last 45 games he has 37 points, with 20 goals. (36 goal, 68pt pace).

Patrick (19yo) Since 1/31, in 32 games Nolan has: 10 goals, 21 points. (26 goals, 54 pt pace).

Trading both for Gaudreau would be an incredible risk for the Flyers.

Patrick might like Calgary. There are a plenty of birds and animals to hunt, if you know what I mean.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
There's a chance Konecny could be next in line to take over the C when Giroux is finished. He's exactly the type of player the Flyers love. There's no way he's traded. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to moving Patrick, but it would take a lot, and Hextall isn't the type of GM to trade his most recent #2 overall pick.

I'm a big Johnny Hockey fan but I'm torn on Bennett. Gaudreau is the best player in the deal, but I don't feel comfortable making this trade as a Flyers fan. I'm curious to see what Konecny does in the playoffs this year. He reminds me a bit of Danny Briere, hopefully he can up his game in the playoffs like him.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
There's a chance Konecny could be next in line to take over the C when Giroux is finished. He's exactly the type of player the Flyers love. There's no way he's traded. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to moving Patrick, but it would take a lot, and Hextall isn't the type of GM to trade his most recent #2 overall pick.

I'm a big Johnny Hockey fan but I'm torn on Bennett. Gaudreau is the best player in the deal, but I don't feel comfortable making this trade as a Flyers fan. I'm curious to see what Konecny does in the playoffs this year. He reminds me a bit of Danny Briere, hopefully he can up his game in the playoffs like him.

I'd give it to Provorov.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The value may not be bad, but this is not the direction the flyers should be going.

We already have an elite 1LW, so Gaudreau would be wasted on the second line with Bennett as his center when we trade Patrick.

Not a good fit for the flyers at all.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Think it has more to do with undervaluing Couturier. Gaudeeau is a phenomenal player. But we cant trade our 1C for another top line winger, that's all

That's what he didn't do. He sort of implied that Couturier and Patrick/Konecny are similar level packages. And we all know Patrick/Konecny>>Couts.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

It could be Couturier as the next captain unless they trade him for Bobby Ryan, Loui Eriksson or Jonathan Bernier.

Sweet Lou

May 24, 2015
Anyone who watches flyers games regularly will understand why philly wouldn't make the OP trade. Those 2 have been amazing 2nd half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->