Flames Fan Roll Call

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Name: Mike Smith
Hometown: Calgary, AB
When/How did you start following the Flames?
Born, then the next day was a fan. Can't remember ever cheering for another team. Learned to skate before I learned to walk, no joke, so hockey, and the Flames have been my life, for my whole life.
Favourite Flame?
It was Theo, then Gelinas, and now currently I think I am going to pick up either a Brodie or Sven jersey.
Favourite Flame Prospect?
Not sure if he will be a "prospect" by the end of camp, but I like Monahan at the moment. Also both our other firsts from this year. And Seiloff, and WSPOON. **** it, all of em haha.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Name: Chris
When/How did you start watching the Flames?: I've been a Flames fan for as long as I can remember, but it really escalated when I was able to go to a few Flames games during my time in Calgary.
Favourite Flame?
It was Iginla, but now it's Giordano.
Favourite Flames prospect?
EDIT: Johnny Gaudreau or Jon Gillies.

Last edited:

Stryker Island

Aug 12, 2012
Name: Steve
When/How did you start watching the Flames?: Became a hockey fan in 1989 when my Dad joined a hockey pool at work and asked me for help in selecting his players. I didn't know anything about the sport, but was excited about the prospect of having something in common with my father, and got right into it. Been a diehard Flames fan ever since. Irony is, my Dad never followed the sport again after that.
Favourite Flame? Right now? Probably TJ Galiardi. Love his compete level.
Favourite Flames prospect? Johnny Gaudreau. Seeing him play live made me a believer.

Last edited:

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
Name: Aaron
Hometown: Lived all over the states growing up, but I've been in Fresno the longest
Originally became a Flames fan from playing hockey games on our TI-99 in the late 80's (Ironically my brother is a Wings fan from the same game; I think he got the better end of the deal)
Favourite Flame?
Theo/Iggy
Still Baertschi, even though he's not the shiny new toy anymore. I really like Monahan/Poirier too.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Name: Cameron Popplestone
Since I can remember, been a huge fan of both the Flames and Penguins since i was a little kid.
Favourite Flame?
Kiprusoff for all time, current would be Galiardi or Backlund.
Poirer

IgniteTheFlame

Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Name: Adam
Hometown: Ottawa, ON
Started watching hockey during the 2004 playoffs. Seeing Iginla/Kipper play in some of my first games watched, instantly became a Flames fan and have been ever since.
Favourite Flame?
Baertschi
Johnny Hockey

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
IgnitetheFlame, avatars are meant to be individually assigned. There was a sign-up process for players early in the summer, and the one you have I believe belongs to Calculon.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
Name: Danny
Hometown: Saint John, NB
Always. Grew up loving the AHL flames when we had them here. saw them win it all in 2001 and was hooked for life
Favourite Flame?
T.J. Brodie
Probably Monahan, or Connor McDavid ;)

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Been on here a few years and never did this so may as well.
Name: Tyler
Hometown: Vermilion AB
During the 04 playoffs like many other fans. I was young but started to like the team during the season and grew very passionate during the playoffs.
Favourite Flame?
Of all time: Iginla. Current: Giordano
Monahan,Seiloff, Gillies.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
NAME
Richard

HOMETOWN
Toronto, ON

HOW DID I START BEING A FLAMES FAN
I started watching and following hockey inthe 2004 playoffs. I cheared for the underdog the Flames and I hated the Vancouver and the Canucks so I started being a Flames fan

FAVOURITE FLAMES PLAYER
Current: Was Kipper but now that he's gone I guess Mark Giordano. Nice Two way game, can play shutdown role yet has the offensive game. Blocks shots and works hard

Former: Big Al. Had a descent offensive game yet he played the shutdown role very well. Hard shot, strong.

FAVOURITE FLAMES PROSPECT
If he counts Sean Monahan. But he plays in the NHL. I also love Blair Jones and Paul Byron but they aren't prospects either. The other guy I like is Lance Bouma but he's graduated as well. So now Jon Gillies. Always loved goalies.He'll easily be a great starter

Last edited:

kometa

@pucksport
Oct 6, 2011
Markranstaedt, Saxony
Name: Torsten Schade
Hometown: Leipzig
In the early 90s it was kind of cool to follow the major sports leagues from north america here. But what NHL team should I pick? I remembered the fancy Saddledome I knew from the '88 Olympics so I picked the Flames as my team The real start for me was the '04 playoff run. It was the first season with live NHL on german pay-TV for me. And for some years now I have the steaming packages like ESPN Player or now Gamecenter to watch every game I want.
Favourite Flame?
Craig Conroy
Honestly I'm not as close to this topic to choose one.
How long have you been on HF Boards?
Reading for more than three years now, sometimes posting as well.

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
Name: Olek

Hometown: Ukraine

When/How did you start following the Flames? : This season. I've been an Oilers fan since I came to Canada in the late 90s, and I continue to support them, but I have lately been finding myself supporting the Flames, because the embody everything that I WISH the Oilers had. The Flames are certainly not the most skilled team in the league, but the effort they put in every night is tremendous. They know that the odds are against them, but they always give it their all. They a team that I can take pride in supporting because they're not a bunch of overpaid and underwhelming pansies like the Oilers are. Plus they block shots, and are very easy to relate to.

Favourite Flame?
Back in the day I liked Oleg Saprykin and Daymond Langkow. Right now, it has to be Mcgrattan. He's such an easy player to like.

I thought Wotherspoon was really good when Portland was playing the Oil Kings a few years back.

BacklundtoBartschi*

Name: Lazarus
Hometown: Calgary, Alberta
When/How did you start following the Flames?: 2004 cup run really tuned me into the sport. Jarome Iginla and Kiprusoff were like heroes to me growing up.
Favourite Flame? Jarome Iginla
Favourite Flame Prospect? Sven Baertschi
How long have you been on HF Boards?: Have been reading these boards religiously and finally decided to join.

Last edited by a moderator:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Name: Braeden

Hometown: Lethbridge, Alberta

When/How did you start watching the Flames? My dad got me really into it during the 2004 finals. Was devastated at the age of 9 when we lost game 6, especially how sad my dad was after the OT loss.

Favorite Flame: Will always be Jarome Iginla.

Favorite Flame prospect: Johnny Gaudreau... He's going to be a treat to watch in Calgary. Was so happy when he signed his contract with us. He won't be a prospect for long, so my second choice is Morgan Klimchuk.

How long on HF: Only 2 months. Just recently started reading it in March, and signed up a month later. I am a part of another forum called CalgaryPuck. It's a great, great forum full of Flames' fans.

TrelivingtheDream

Mar 16, 2013
Leuven, BE
Name: Josh

Hometown: Ipswich, UK

When/How did you start following the Flames?: 2012, after being forced to watch hockey by a guy from Lethbridge

Favourite Flame: Brian McGrattan - easy to like, plus I always look forward to watching him beat the **** out of Sestito.

Favourite Flame prospect: Sven Baertschi. He was the golden boy when I became a fan, and I really hope he becomes an absolute stud for the flames.

How long on HF: Followed the Trade section for a year or so, only started posting in the last few days

Oswalt1026

Dec 17, 2012
Name: Iain

Hometown: Born in Long Beach, California, but lived in Portland area for 20 years.

I don't remember the exact year, but my brother and I did a fantasy draft on one of the old NHL games from like 2004 or '05. I chose Iginla as my top pick and really grew to like him in the game so I started watching him play for real and became a fan of the whole team.

Favorite Flame?
Iggy of course!

Favorite Flame Prospect?
Sven Baertschi, coming from the Portland area, I've gotten to see Sven play for the Winterhawks and love his play style. I hope he finds his spot on the team this year!

How long have you been on HF Boards?
Since Fall of 2012, I joined to play in a NHL GM Connected, but now use the boards just read up on the NHL.

Florian

Nov 23, 2014
Dublin
Name: Florian
Hometown: Rostock, GER

When/How did you start following the Flames?: Probably around winter 2008. Went occasionally to my local hockey team Rostock Piranhas in those days, slowly got more into hockey, and watched NHL via poor streams on the internet, saw couple of Flames games, they won and I slowly started to develop a crush on them...

Favourite Flame: Back in the day it was Miikka 'Kipper' Kiprusoff. These days very much love the way Johnny Hockey is playing and Hiller is brilliant on goal too. He is kind of unspectacular but rock solid.

Favourite Flame prospect: Johnny Gaudreau... if he still counts as a prospect. I also liked Sven Baertschi when he had the chance to show a bit of his talent in recent games, unfortunately the coach doesn't seem to agree with me and Sven's TOI is getting less and less.

How long on HF: Reading the board for quite a while, but finally made the push to register.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Name: Florian
Hometown: Rostock, GER

When/How did you start following the Flames?: Probably around winter 2008. Went occasionally to my local hockey team Rostock Piranhas in those days, slowly got more into hockey, and watched NHL via poor streams on the internet, saw couple of Flames games, they won and I slowly started to develop a crush on them...

Favourite Flame: Back in the day it was Miikka 'Kipper' Kiprusoff. These days very much love the way Johnny Hockey is playing and Hiller is brilliant on goal too. He is kind of unspectacular but rock solid.

Favourite Flame prospect: Johnny Gaudreau... if he still counts as a prospect. I also liked Sven Baertschi when he had the chance to show a bit of his talent in recent games, unfortunately the coach doesn't seem to agree with me and Sven's TOI is getting less and less.

How long on HF: Reading the board for quite a while, but finally made the push to register.

Welcome to a fellow Irishman! Or German/Irishman? Or just German living in Ireland? I've spent a lot of time in Dublin. :)

Florian

Nov 23, 2014
Dublin
Thank you guys! :)

Just a German who happened to live in Ireland... but it may well be that I was an Irishman in a former life since I live and breath Irish culture... that's what my Irish work colleagues say at least.

GFG

Oct 19, 2013
Name: Tomas
Hometown: Rauma, Finland

When/How did you start following the Flames?: Around 2002 when I discovered that there was a league called NHL. For some reason, a logo of a flaming C had a pretty strong appeal for a 6-year-old :laugh:

Favorite Flame: Alltime? Kipper definitely. Of current players, Sean Monahan.

Favorite Flame prospect: Since Johnny Hockey has pretty much proven himself already and MaG looks to be going the same route, despite both of them still being prospects I'm going to go with Emile Poirier, impressive numbers in the AHL so far.

How long on HF: For a few years now, I think. Mainly a lurker still, though.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Have been on HF since may 2012., started off as a troll account lol. Made my way to the Flames board that September and became InFeasterWetrust. I may do this roll call thing eventually.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad